- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Characteristics and Functions of Abandoned Rice Paddy Wetlands as Habitats for the Amphibia within Land Development Districts
택지개발지구내 양서류 서식처로서 묵논습지의 특성과 기능평가
- Lee, Eun Yeob (Dept. of Green Growth Research, Land & Housing Institute) ;
- Moon, Seok Ki (Dept. of Environment Landscape Architecture, Chongju University)
- Received : 2010.10.04
- Accepted : 2011.01.28
- Published : 2011.02.28
The current study analyzed appropriateness of abandoned rice paddy wetlands as habitats for the Amphibia by assessing functions and value of abandoned rice paddy wetlands within land development districts as a habitat for living creatures and researching into the Amphibia living in the subject districts. For this purpose, the study designated abandoned rice paddy wetlands within Hwaseong A District and Pangyo B District under land development as subject lands. Those wetlands went through succession after abandonment of farming. Detailed study results are as follows. From classification of wetland types and an analysis of their characteristics, it was found that herbaceous plants such as smartweed communities, horsetail communities and reed communities, and woody plants such as pussy willow communities appeared in both districts. These abandoned rice paddy wetlands shows typical characteristics of palustrine wetlands. As a result of a vegetation structure research, it was observed that succession has been progressed for at least over 2~3 years. In assessment of wetland functions by item, it was found that they are developing into fine wetlands in terms of functions because they are ranked over Moderate Class except separate distance from streams. Also from a research into animals living in the abandoned rice paddy wetlands, it was found that main inhabitants are Rana nigromaculata,Rana dybowskii, Hyla japonica, Bufo bufo gargarizans, etc. It can be confirmed that the abandoned rice paddy wetlands are providing appropriate conditions as habitats to the Amphibia in a view that those species have life cycles of inhabitation (shores and wetlands) - egg-laying (rice paddy, puddles and swampy places) - hibernation (rice field banks and swampy places). From this point of view, it was found that abandoned rice paddy wetlands that developed because of abandonment of farming can be used as means to improve structure and functions of habitats.
- 강병화․심상인․마경호. 2003. 휴경연차에 따른 휴경지 군락내 식생특성. 한국환경농학회지 22(1):53-59.
- 구본학. 2003. 묵논에 형성된 자운늪의 유형분류 및 기능평가. 한국환경복원녹화기술학회지 6(1):65-70.
- 농림부․국립농산물품질관리원. 2004. 경지면적 통계 보고서.
- 박미영․임유라․김귀곤․주영우. 2006. 유휴농경지에서 발생되는 습지의 현황 및 특성에 관한 연구. 한국환경복원녹화기술학회 9(2):1-15.
- 손진관․강방훈․김남춘. 2010. 농지연못습지의 수질 및 토양환경분석. 한국환경복원기술학회지 13(3):46-62.
- 송호경․박관수․박혜림․소순구․김효정․김무열. 2006. 신안군 장도 산지습지 식생과 토양특성. 한국환경생태학회지 20(4):407-414.
- 윤광성. 2007. 묵논습지의 토양 및 식생특성. 대구대학교 대학원 석사학위논문. pp.3-6.
- 이경재․권전오․이수동. 2003. 서울시 주요습지유형별 생태적 특성분석. 한국환경생태학회지 17(1):44-55.
- 이은엽․구본학․심재한, 2006. 도시내 생물서식유형별 대체서식지 조성방안, 국토도시연구원, p.52
- 임유라․김귀곤. 2009. 생물다양성 증진을 위한 유휴농경지의 습지복원 적지선정에 관한 연구. 한국환경복원녹화기술학회지 12(1):52-66.
- Collen A. H. et al. 2004. Development of wetland quality and function assessment tools and deminstration. New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Francisco A. Comin, Jose A. Romero, Oliver Hernandez and Margarita Menendez. 2001. Restoration Ecology 9(2):201-208. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1526-100x.2001.009002201.x
- Kogi, Tiro., Miyamoto. M, Bolthouse, J., and Yokohari, M. 2010. The Potential for Abandoned Paddy Fields to Reduce Polluction Loads from Households in Suburban Tokyo. Water 2, no.3:649-667. https://doi.org/10.3390/w2030649
- Tilton, D. L. 2001. A Wetland protection plan for the lower one subwatershed of the Rouge river. Pro-NPS-SR28. Rouge River National Weather Demonstration Project.
- Yamada, S., Okubo. S, Kitagawa. Y and Takeuchi. K. 2007. Restoration of Weed Communities in Abandoned Rice Paddy Fields in the Tama Hills, Central Japan. Agriculture Eco-systems & Environment, 119:88-102. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2006.06.011