- Volume 23 Issue 5
This study deals with thegeometrical nonlinear dynamic behavior of laminated plates made of advanced composite materials (ACMs), which contain central cutouts. Based on the first-order shear deformation plate theory (FSDT), the Newmark method and Newton-Raphson iteration wereused for the nonlinear dynamic solution. The effects of the cutout sizes and lay-up sequences on the nonlinear dynamic response for various parameters werestudied using a nonlinear dynamic finite element program that was developed for this study. The several numerical results agreed well with those reported by other investigators for square composite plates with or without central cutouts, and the new results reported in this paper showed significant interactions between the cutout and the layup sequence in the laminate. Key observation points are discussed and a brief design guide for laminates with central cutouts is given.
Supported by : 안동대학교
- 이상열, 장석윤(2010) 다양한 기하학적 형상을 갖는 층간 분리된 복합신소재 적층구조의 동적 불안정성, 한국복합신소재 구조학회 논문집, 한국복합신소재학회, 제1권, 제1호, pp. 1-8.
- Chang, J.S. and Huang, Y.P. (1991) Geometrically nonlinear static and transiently dynamic behavior of laminated composite plates based on a higher order displacement field., Composite Structures, Vol.18, pp.327-364. https://doi.org/10.1016/0263-8223(91)90003-H
- Chen, J., Dawe, D.J., and Wang, S. (2000) Nonlinear transient analysis of rectangular composite laminated plates, Composite Structures, Vol.49, pp.129-139. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-8223(99)00108-7
- Khalil, M.R., Olson, M.D., and Anderson, D.L. (1998) Non-linear dynamic analysis of stiffened plates. Computers and Structures, Vol.29, pp.929-941.
- Lam, S.S.E., Dawe, D.J., and Azizian, Z.G. (1993) Non-linear analysis of rectangular laminates under end shortening, using shear deformation plate theory, International Journal of Numerical Method in Engineering, Vol.36, pp.1045-1064. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620360611
- Park, T., Lee, S.Y., Seo, J.W., and Voyiadjis, G. Z. (2008) Structural dynamic behavior of skew sandwich plateswith laminated compositefaces, Composites. Part B, Vol. 39, pp.316-326. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2007.01.003
- Reddy, J.N. (2006) An Introduction to Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis, Oxford University Press.
- Wang, S. (1997) Free vibration analysis of skew fibre-reinforced composite laminates based on first-order shear deformation plate theory, Computers and Structures, Vol.63, pp.525-538. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(96)00357-4