- Volume 16 Issue 4
A Method of Reusing Kinematic Information for Virtual Facilities
동작 정보를 갖는 가상설비 데이터 재활용 방법론
- Received : 2011.03.10
- Accepted : 2011.06.23
- Published : 2011.08.01
This paper proposes a method for reusing kinematic design data for virtual facilities, Making a virtual model of a facility involves two major activities: geometric design (virtual model visualization) and kinematic design that should be remodeled frequently whenever design changes occur, Conventionally, a virtual model of an automated facility focuses on the design level, which mainly deals with design verification, alternative comparison, and geometric model diagnosis, Although a design level model can be designed with the information of past models from PLM system, a simulation level model is not sufficient utilized to be reused for kinematic design purpose, We propose a method for reusing kinematic information of a past simulation model to cope with this problem, We use the concept or the 'center of mass', which is a point representing the mean position of the matter in a body or system. And we also use comparison method of a boundary box to identity which 3D objects have to be involved from the design model to a link structure that is contained in the simulation model. Because a proposed method only use not a historical approach but a geometrical approach, it is more effective to apply to the field.
Supported by : 국방부 방위사업청, 국방과학연구소, 한국학술진흥재단
- Lee, S. C., Song, I. H. and Borm, J. H., "An Accurate and Efficient Method of the Splay Paint Simulation for Robot OLP", Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 296-304, 2008.
- Choi, M. W., Han, S. T., Seo, J. H., Woo, J. H., Lee, C. J. and Choi, Y. R., "Digital Manufacturing Strategy & Case study of Automotive General Assembly", Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 199-209, 2005.
- Noh, S. D. and Park, Y. J., "Material Planning Information Management for Automotive General Assembly using Digital Factory", Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 325-333, 2004.
- Ko, M. S., Koo, L. J., Kwak, J. G., Hong, S. H., Wang, G. N. and Park, S. C., "A Study of PLC Simulation for Automobile Panel AS/RS", 한국시뮬레이션 학회지, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 1-11, 2009.
- Park, S. C., Park, C. M. and Wang, G. N., "A PLC programming environment based on a virtual plant", Int. J. Adv. Manufac Technol, Vol. 39, pp. 1262-1270, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-007-1306-3
- Park, C. M., Seong, G. Y., Park, S. C., Wang, G. N. and Han, K. H., "Simulation based Control Program Verification in Automobile Industry", The International Conference on Modeling Identification and Control, Innsbruck, Austria, 2008.
- Kwak, J. G., Park, S. C. and Wang, G. N., "Acquisition of Large 3D Simulation Data from 3D CAD Data", 대한산업공학회 추계학술대회 논문집, 2007.
- Yoo, D. J., "A Study on Local Hole Filling and Smoothing of the Polygon Model", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 9, pp. 190-199, 2006.
- Hwang, H. Y., Lee, J. Y., Yang, D. C., Kwon, T. S. and Jung, H. S., "Knowledge based Configuration Design of a Train Vehicle Body Using CATIA", 한국철도학회 추계학술대회 논문집, 2005.
- Ko, M. S., Kwak, J. G., Jo, H. W., Park, C. M., Wang, G. N. and Park, S. C., "A Study of Efficient Method of 3D JIG Kinematic Modeling for Automobile Process Simulation", Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 415-423, 2009.
- Ko, M. S., Kwak, J. G. and Park, S. C., "Kinematic Template Generation Methodology for 3D JIG Models", Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 212-221, 2010.
- Z. M. Bi and W. J. Zang, "Flexible Fixture design and automation: Review, Issues and Future Directions", International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 39, No. 13, pp. 2867-2894, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540110054579
- Chou, Y. C., Chandru, V. and Barash, M. M., "A Mathematical Approach to Automatic Configuration of Machining Fixtures: Analysis and Synthesis", J. Eng. Ind., Vol. 111. No. 4, pp. 229-306, 1989.
- Kan, Y., Rong, Y. and Yang, J. A., "Geometric and Kinetic Model based Computer-aided Fixture Design Verification", Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 3, 187-199, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1607352