- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Fragility Curve Evaluation of Reinforced Concrete Shear Wall Structures according to Various Nonlinear Seismic Analysis Methods
다양한 비선형지진해석방법에 따른 철근콘크리트 전단벽 구조물의 취약도곡선 평가
- Received : 2010.10.27
- Accepted : 2011.06.21
- Published : 2011.08.31
Seismic fragility analysis has been developed to evaluate the seismic performance of existing nuclear power plants, but now its applicability has been extended to buildings and bridges. In general, the seismic fragility curves are evaluated from the nonlinear time-history analysis (THA) using many earthquake ground motions. Seismic fragility analysis using the nonlinear THA requires a time consuming process of structural modeling and analysis. To overcome this shortcoming of the nonlinear THA, simplified methods such as the displacement coefficient method (DCM) and the capacity spectrum method (CSM) are used for the seismic fragility analysis. In order to evaluate the accuracy of the seismic fragility curve calculated by the DCM and the CSM, the seismic fragility curves of a reinforced concrete shear wall structure calculated by the DCM and CSM are compared with those calculated by the nonlinear THA. In order to construct a numerical fragility curve, 190 artificially generated ground motions corresponding to the design spectrum and the methodology proposed by Shinozuka et al. are used.
Seismic fragility curve;Nonlinear time-history analysis;Displacement coefficient method;Capacity spectrum method;Reinforced concrete wall structure
- Basoz, N., and Mander, J.B., Enhancement of the highway transportation lifeline module in HAZUS, National Institute of Building Sciences, Draft7, 1999.
- HAZUS-MH1, Earthquake Loss Estimation Methodology. Technical Manual. Prepared by the National Institute of Building Sciences for Federal Emergency Management Agency, 2003.
- Applied Technology Council, Seismic evaluation and retrofit of concrete buildings, ATC-40 Report, Redwood city, California, 1996.
- Applied Technology Council, NEHRP guidelines for the seismic rehabilitation of building (FEMA 273), and NEHRP commentary on the guidelines for the seismic rehabilitation of buildings (FEMA 274), ATC 33, Redwood city, California, 1997.
- Applied Technology Council, Improvement of nonlinear static seismic analysis procedures (FEMA-440), ATC-55 Project, Redwood city, California, 2004.
- Shinozuka, M., Feng, M.Q., Kim, H.K., Ueda, T., Statistical Analysis of Fragility Curves, Technical Report MCEER-03-0002, MCEER at Buffalo, NY, USA, 2003.
- IAEA, IAEA CRP-NFE Camus Benchmark: Experimental results and specifications to the participants. Report DM2S. SEMT/EMSI/RT/02-047/A, 2002.
- Valles RE, Reinhorn AM, Kunnath SK, Madan A, IDARC-2D version 4.0: a computer program for the inelastic damage analysis of building, Technical Report MCEER-96-0010, MCEER at Buffalo, NY, USA, 1996.
- 송종걸, 장동휘, 김학수, 정영화, "철근콘크리트 벽체구조물에 대한 등가단자유도 방법 및 등가 감쇠비 산정방법에 따른 역량스펙트럼해석," 한국전산구조공학회 논문집, 제21권, 제2호, 169-187, 2008.
- Gulkan, P., Sozen, M., "Inelastic response of reinforced concrete structures to earthquakes motions," ACI Journal, Vol.71, 604-610, 1974.
- ASCE, Prestandard and commentary for the seismic rehabilitation of buildings (FEMA 356), Reston, Virginia, 2000.
- Song, J.K., Pincheira, J.A., Spectral displacement demands of stiffness and strength degrading systems, Earthquake Spectra, Vol. 16, No. 4, 817-851, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1586141
- 송종걸, 남왕현, 정영화, "등가단자유도 방법의 영향을 고려한 다경간 교량의 내진성능 평가를 위한 비탄성 정적해석," 대한토목학회 논문집, 제26권, 제3A호, 473-484, 2006.
- Shinozuka, M., Banerjee, S., Kim, S.H., Fragility Considerations in Highway Bridge, Technical Report MCEER-07-0023, MCEER at Buffalo, NY, USA, 2007.
- 고현무, 이지호, 강준원, 조호현, "모멘트 손상지수를 이용한 철근콘크리트 교각의 지진취약도 평가," 대한토목학회 2002년 학술발표회논문집, 464-467, 2002.
- Choi, E.S., Jeon, J.C., Seismic fragility of typical bridges in moderate seismic zone, KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 1, 41-51, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02841989