- Volume 20 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Correlation of Releases of Nutrient Salts in Sediment with Vicinal Oxic Conditions
퇴적물의 영양염류 용출과 호기적 조건과의 상관성 분석
- Cho, Dae-Chul (Department of Energy & Environmental Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Lee, Eun-Mi (Department of Energy & Environmental Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Park, Byung-Gi (Department of Energy & Environmental Engineering, Soonchunhyang University) ;
- Kwon, Sung-Hyun (Department of Marine Environmental Engineering and Institute of Marine Industry, Gyeongsang National University)
- 조대철 (순천향대학교 에너지환경공학과) ;
- 이은미 (순천향대학교 에너지환경공학과) ;
- 박병기 (순천향대학교 에너지환경공학과) ;
- 권성현 (경상대학교 해양과학대학 해양환경공학과(해양산업연구소))
- Received : 2011.01.14
- Accepted : 2011.06.15
- Published : 2011.07.31
The aim of this paper is to correlate the release characteristics of marine and lake sediment with their vicinal oxic conditions. We performed lab-scale simulation experiments using field sediment and water in order to compare the release concentrations and the release rates one another. To provide a few different kinds of oxic environments we used natural air flow and some oxygen releasing compounds such as
Marine and lake sediment;Oxic condition;Release characteristics;Oxygen releasing compound
- 윤미해, 현준택, 허남수, 권성현, 조대철, 2007, 호수퇴적물의 호기 및 혐기조건에서의 용출 특성에 대한 연구, 대한환경공학회지, 29(9), 1003-1012.
- 해양환경공정시험법, 2005, 해양수산부.
- Barcelona, M. J., Xie, G., 2001, In situu lifetimes and kinetics of a reductive whey barrier and oxidative ORC barrier in the subsurface, Environ. Sci. Technol., 35(16), 3378-3385. https://doi.org/10.1021/es001637l
- Eyre, B., Ferguson, J. P., 2002, In Sediment biogeochemical indicators for defining sustainable nutrient loads to coastal ecosystems, Coastal Biogeochemistry Southern Cross University, 101-104.
Heggie, D. T., Skyring, G. W., Orchardo, J., Longmore, A. R., Nicholson, G. J., Berelson, W. M., 1999, Denitrification and denitrifying efficencies in sediments of Port Phillip Bay: direct determinations of biogenic
$N_2$and N-metabolote fluxes with implications for water quality, Marine Freshwater Research, 50, 589-596. https://doi.org/10.1071/MF98054
- Hieltjes, A. H. M., Lijklema, L., 1980, Fractionation of inorganic phosphates in calkcareous sediments, J. Environ. Qual., 9, 405-407.
- Lee, Y. S., Lee, K. S., 2000, A study on release characteristics of sediment and its impacts on water quality in Daecheong Dam reservoir, Kor. Sci. Environ. Impact Assess., 9(2), 99-107.
- Nurnburg, G. K., 1988, prediction of release rates from total and reductant-soluble phosphorus from river sediments, Can. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 45, 453-462. https://doi.org/10.1139/f88-054
- Schmidfke, T., White, D., Woolard, C., 1999, Oxygen release kinetics from solid phase oxygen in Arctic Alaska, Journal of Hazardous Materials., 64, 157-165. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3894(98)00243-X
- Variation of Nutrients due to Long-Term Effects of Ocean Dumping and Spatial Variability of Water Quality Parameters in Summer at the Ocean Waste Disposal Site Off the West Coast of Korea vol.22, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.11.1389