- Volume 6 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Design of an Efficient Power Manger through the cooperative Dynamic Power Management for Ad hoc Wireless Sensor Networks
Ad hoc 무선 센서네트워크에서의 효율 전력 매니지먼트에 관한 연구
- 전동근 (인천대학교 공과대학 메카트로닉스공학)
- Received : 2011.09.30
- Accepted : 2011.12.12
- Published : 2011.12.31
The major resource problem in sensor networks is energy efficiency. There are two major access methods to efficiently use energy. The first is to use dynamic power management (DPM). The second is to use energy efficient protocols. In DPM methods, the OS, the power manager, is responsible for managing the proper power state of CPU and each I/O with respect to the events, but the OS is not largely concerned about the internal operation of each network protocols. Also, energy efficient protocols are mainly focused on the power saving operation of the radio PHY. In addition, in wireless sensor network most of tasks are connected to communication. In such a situation, traditional power managers can waste unpredicted power. In this paper, we introduce an efficient power manger that can reduce a lot of unwanted power consumption through cooperative power management (CPM) in communication-related tasks between each units, such as radio, sensing unit, and CPU, for ad hoc wireless sensor nodes.
Supported by : 인천대학교
- 김지은, 김세한, 정운철, 김내수, "USN 센서노드 기술 동향", 전자통신동향분석, 제 22권, 제3호, pp. 33-40, 2007.
- IEEE Std. 80-11 (2007), "IEEE standard for wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) specification"; http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/11/index.html
- K. Sivalingam, J. Chen, P. Argawal, and M. Srivastava,"Design and analysis of low-power access protocols for wireless and mobile ATM networks," ACM Wireless Networks, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 73 - 87, 2010.
- 오원근,이성근,"USN에서 에너지효율성과 지연을 위한 MAC 프로토콜", 한국전자통신학회논문지, 제4권, 제 1호, pp. 19-23, 2009.
- W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, "Medium Access Control With Coordinated Adaptive Sleeping for Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 493-506. Jun., 2010.
- Suresh Singh, C. S. Raghavendra, "PAMAS - Power aware multi-access protocol with signalling for ad hoc networks," ACM Computer Communication Review, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 5-26. Jul., 1998. https://doi.org/10.1145/293927.293928
- 김경옥, 반경진, 허수연, 김응곤, "RFID/USN기반의 센싱데이터수집을 위한시스템설계 및 구현", 한국전자통신학회논문지, 제5권, 제2호, pp. 221-226, 2010.
- Ye W, Heidemann J, Estrin D, "An energy efficient MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks", Proceedings of the 21st international annual joint conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM 2009), 2002.
- T. van Dam and K. Langendoen, "An Adaptive Energy-Efficient MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks," The First ACM Conf. on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2007), Los Angeles CA, Nov., 2007.
- 김경욱, 반경진, 류남훈, 장문석, "다중상황처리를 위한RFID/USN 미들웨어 설계", 한국전자통신학회논문지, 제4권, 제2호, pp. 101-107, 2009.