- Volume 18 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Cluster Analysis of Car Parking Data, and Development of their Web Applications
- Kubota, Takafumi (Risk Analysis Research Center, The Institute of Statistical Mathematics) ;
- Hayashi, Takayuki (Graduate School of Environmental Science, Okayama University) ;
- Tarumi, Tomoyuki (Admission Centre, Okayama University)
- Received : 20100900
- Accepted : 20110300
- Published : 2011.07.31
In this paper, we apply cluster analysis to "Okayama parking data" that is one of the spatial point patterns data that includes locations and the fare structure of car parking space in Okayama central area. This study classifies the characteristics of small areas through Okayama parking data as well as visualizes the results of the cluster analysis. We develop web applications that connect the results of a cluster analysis and overlay objects including points of balloons and rectangles of small areas over a map of Okayama central area.
- Blackburn town centre renaissance (2007). Blackburn Town Centre Parking Strategy and Transport Strategy Consultation document, Available from: http://www.blackburn.gov.uk/upload/ pdf/Final_document_-_transport_and_parking.pdf (January 2011)
- MVA for South East of England Regional Assembly (2005). Review of Regional Parking Standards, Report, Available from: http://www.southeast-ra.gov.uk/documents/transport/re view_of_regional parking_standards_v2.pdf (January 2011)
- Tanaka and Tarumi (1995). A handbook of statistical analysis for windows - multivariate statistical analysis (in Japanese), Kyoritsu shuppan.