- Volume 50 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Economic Injury Levels and control threshold of Tetranychus kanzawai Kishida(Acari, Tetranychidae) Infesting Korean black raspberry (Rubus coreanus Miquel)
복분자딸기에서 차응애의 경제적피해수준 및 방제수준
- Lim, Ju-Rak (Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- You, Jin (Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Lee, Ki-Kwon (Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Hwang, Chang-Yeon (Faculty Biological Resources Science, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2011.05.31
- Accepted : 2011.06.27
- Published : 2011.06.30
Economic injury levels (EILs) and economic control threshold (ET) were estimated for the Tea red spider mite, Tetranychus kanzawai Kishida(Acari, Tetranychidae) in Rubus coreanus Miquel. T. kanzawai density increased until the early-July and thereafter decreased in all plots except the non-innoculation plot where initial density of the mite were different each 0, 5, 10, 20 and 40 adults per plant branch on May 7 in 2008. And the occurrence of the densities were increased higher innoculated density than different innoculation density. The yield was decreased with increasing initial mite density and thereby the rates of yield loss was increased with increasing initial mite density. And T. kanzawai occurrence density, yields and the rates of yield loss, where initial density of the mite were different each 0, 2, 5, 10 and 20 adults per plant branch on May 8 in 2009 were similar tendency to 2008 year results. The relationship between initial T. kanzawai densities and the yield losses was well described by a linear regression, Y = 0.6545X + 3.0425 (
Economic injury level;Economic threshold;Tetranychus kanzawai;Rubus coreanus
- Bailey, J.C. and R.E. Furr. 1975. Reaction of water stress and night temperature preconditioning on water relations and morphological and anatomical changes of Lotus creticus Plants. Scientia Horticulturae 101: 333-342.
- Cho, J.R., K.J. Hong, B.R. Choi, S.G. Lee, G.S. Lee, J.K. Yoo and J.O. Lee. 1995. The inhibition effect of the two-spotted spider mite population density by using the introduced predacious mite(Phytoseiulus persimilis Athias-Henriot) and effect of several pesticides to the predacious mites. RDA. J. Agri. Sci. 31: 340-347.
- Choi, K.H. 1997. Field and laboratory observations of Tetranychus kanzawai Kishida on Codonopsis lanceolata Bentham et Hooker. M.S. Thesis, Chonbuk National Univ. Korea. 24 pp.
- Drukker, B., A. Janssen, W. Ravensberg and M.W. Sabelis. 1997. Improved control capacity of the mite predator Phytoseiulus persimilis(Acari: Phytoseiidae) on tomato. Exp. Appl. Acarol. 21: 507-518. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:APPA.0000018885.35044.c6
- Hussey, N.W. and W.J. Parr. 1963. The effect of glasshouse red spider mite(Tetranychus urticae Koch) on the yield of cucumbers. J. Hort. Sci. 38: 255-263.
- Kim, D.I., S.C. Lee and S.S. Kim. 1996. Biological characteristics of Amblyseius bomersleyi Schica (Acarina:Phytoseiidae) as a predator of Tetranychus kanzawai kishida(Acarina: Tetranychidae). Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 35(1): 38-44.
- Kim, Y.H., J.H. Kim and M.W. Han. 1999. A preliminary study on the biological control of Tetranychus kanzawai Kishida in Angelica utilis Makino by Phytoseiulus persimilis Anthias-Henriot(Acarina: Tetranychidae, Phytoseiidae). Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 38: 151-155.
- Kiritani, K. 1980. Integrated insect pest management for rice in Japan. in Proc. international symposium on problems of insect pest management in developing countries. Tropical Agriculture Research Center, Kyoto, Japan. pp. 13-22.
- Kondo, A. 1990. Biology and problems in control of the kanzawa spider mite, Tetranychus kanzawai Kishida in grapevine glasshouse. Plant Prot. 44: 19-23.
- Lee, S.C., D.I. Kim and S.S. Kim. 1995. Ecology of Tetranychus kanzawai and its natural enemies at tea tree plantation Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 34(3): 249-255.
- Lim, J.R., J. You, S.S. Cheong, D.C. Choi and C.Y. Hwang. 2010. Seasonal occurrence of Tetranychus Kanzawai and control efficacy of alternate use of natural enemy and miticide in Rubus coreanus field. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 49: 233-239. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2010.49.3.233
- Lim, J.R., S.U. Choi, J.H. Kim, K.K. Lee, S.S. Cheong, J. Ryu and C.Y. Hwang. 2010. Occurrence of insect pests in Rubus coreanus Miquel. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 49: 97-103. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2010.49.2.097
- Maltais, P.M., Nuckle, J.R. and P.V. Leblanc. 1998. Economic threshold for three lepidopterous larval pests of fresh-market cabbage in southeastern New Brunswick. J. Econ. Entomol. 91: 699-707. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/91.3.699
- Park, H.H., W.H. Yeh, and H.M. Park. 2007. Gain threshold estimation for some pests in major crops. Kor. J. Appl. Entomol. 46: 63-69. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2007.46.1.063
- Park, Y.L. 1997. Assessment of damage caused by two spotted spider mite, Tetranychus urticae Koch feeding on cucumber, Cucumis sativus L. in the glasshouse. M. S. Thesis. Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea. pp. 22-26.
- SAS Institute. 1999. SAA version 8.1, SAS Institute, Cary, N.C.
- Stone and Pedigo. 1972. Development and economic injury level of the green cloverworm on soybean in Iowa. J. Econ. Entomol. 65: 197-201. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/65.1.197
- Zhang, Z.Q. and J.P. Sanderson. 1990. Relative toxicity of abamectin to the predatory mite Phytoseiulus persimilis (Acarina: Phytoseiidae) and two spotted spider mite (Acari, Tetranychidae). J. Econ. Entomol. 83: 1783-1790. https://doi.org/10.1093/jee/83.5.1783