- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Occlusal Change as a Sequela of Anterior Disc Displacement without Reduction of Temporomandibular Joint: Case Reports
관절원판전위와 갑작스런 교합변화가 발생한 환자의 임상증례 및 원인에 관한 보고
- Hur, Yun-Kyung (Department of Oral medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Jung, Jae-Kwang (Department of Oral medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Choi, Jae-Kap (Department of Oral medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2010.12.05
- Accepted : 2011.03.27
- Published : 2011.06.30
We report 4 patients who developed change of occlusion which seemed to be related to anterior disc dislocation without reduction, but there was no distinct evidence of condylar destruction or collapse. They experienced sudden occurrence of occlusal change, anterior open bite in 2 patients, lateral CR-CO discrepancy in 1 patient, and anteroposterior CR-CO discrepancy in 1 patient. Also, this report is to find out if there is a relation between sudden occurrence of occlusal change and anterior disc dislocation without reduction.
Anterior disc dislocation without reduction;Occlusal change;Anterior open bite;CR-CO discrepancy
- 이승우, 김종열, 정성창 등. 구강진단학 제5판. 신흥인터내셔날. 2004, pp 62.
- Haers and Sailer H.F. Mandibular resorption due to systemic sclerosis. Case report of surgical correction of a secondary open bite deformity. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 24:261-267, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0901-5027(95)80025-5
- Chenitz JE. Rheumatoid arthritis and its implications in temporomandibular disorders. Cranio, 10:59-69, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/08869634.1992.11677892
- Guyuron B. Facial deformity of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Plast Reconstr Surg, 81:948-951, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006534-198806000-00021
- Akerman S., Kopp S., Nilner M., Petersson A. and Rohlin M. Relationship between clinical and radiologic findings of the temporomandibular joint in rheumatoid arthritis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 66:639-643, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-4220(88)90308-8
- Tegelberg A., Kopp S., Huddenius K., Forssman L. Relationship between disorder in the stomatognathic system and general joint involvement in individuals with rheumatoid arthritis. Acta Odontol Scand 45:391-398, 1987. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016358709096363
- 대한치과교정학회. 한국성인 정상교합자의 측모두부방사선사진 계측연구 결과보고서. 부정교합백서발간위원회.
- Hur YK, Choi JK. Cephalometric characteristics of the patients with developed anterior open bite following anterior disc dislocation without reductions. Korean J Oral Medicine 2006;31:255-263.
- Sassouni V, Nanda S. Analysis of dentofacial vertical proportions. Am J Orthodont 1964;50:801-822. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9416(64)90039-9
- Haas AJ. A biological approach to diagnosis, mechanics, and treatment of vertical dysplasias. Angle Orthod 1980;50:279-300.
- Takada K, Lowe AA, Freund VK. Canonical correlations between masticatory muscle orientation and dentoskeletal morphology in children. Am J Orthod 1984;86:331-341. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9416(84)90144-1
- Benington PCM, Gardner JE, Hunt NP. Masseter muscle volume measured using ultrasonography and its relationship with facial morphology. European J. Orthodontics 1999;21:659-670. https://doi.org/10.1093/ejo/21.6.659
- Okeson JP. Management of temporomandibular disorders and occlusion 6thedition, Mosby Publishing, pp97.
- Kim JW, Yoe WH. Diagnosis and treatment of Temporomandibular joint trauma. Seoul, 1996, Narae Publishing, pp21-22.
- Pullinger AG, Seligman DA, Gornbein JA. A multiple logistic regression analysis of the risk and relative odds of temporomandibular disorders as a function of common occlusal features. J Dent Res 1993;72:968-979. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345930720061301
- Pullinger AG, Seligman DA. Quantification and validation of predictive values of occlusal variables in temporomandibular disorders using a multifactorial analysis. J Prosthet Dent 2000;83:66-75. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3913(00)70090-4