- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Relationship between Burning Mouth Syndrome and Helicobacter pylori in the Oral Cavity
구강작열감증후군과 구강 내 Helicobacter pylori의 상호관련성
- Kim, Jun-Ho (Department of Oral Medicine, College of Dentistry, Chosun University) ;
- Ryu, Ji-Won (Department of Oral Medicine, College of Dentistry, Chosun University) ;
- Yoon, Chang-Lyuk (Department of Oral Medicine, College of Dentistry, Chosun University) ;
- Ahn, Jong-Mo (Department of Oral Medicine, College of Dentistry, Chosun University)
- 김준호 (조선대학교 치의학전문대학원 구강내과학교실) ;
- 유지원 (조선대학교 치의학전문대학원 구강내과학교실) ;
- 윤창륙 (조선대학교 치의학전문대학원 구강내과학교실) ;
- 안종모 (조선대학교 치의학전문대학원 구강내과학교실)
- Received : 2011.04.09
- Accepted : 2011.06.04
- Published : 2011.06.30
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is bacterial infection, with more than half of the world population infected and relates to many oral disease such oral lichen planus, recurrent aphthous ulceration, periodontal disease and halitosis and so on. Burning mouth syndrome(BMS) is defined as a burning sensation of the oral mucosa, lips, and/or tongue, in the absence of specific oral lesions. The etiology of BMS is suggested local, systemic and psychological factors and researchs related BMS and to infection of H. pyloir in the oral cavity are few. The purpose of this study was to evaluate relationship between burning mouth syndrome and H. pylori in the oral cavity. We recruited 21 subjects with burning mouth syndrome and 21 subjects as control group. Samples in the oral cavity were taken area of buccal mucosa, dorsum of the tongue and saliva. We analysed samples by nested polymerase chain reaction(PCR). The results were as follows: 1. Among 21 patients with burning mouth sydrome and 21 subjects of control group, 6(29%) and 3(14%) were positive respectively(P>0.05). 2. In detection rate of H. pylori in area taken sample, 3(14%), 2(10%) and 4(19%) were positive in buccal mucosa, dorsum of the tongue and saliva of patient and 2(10%) and 1(5%) were positive in dorsum of the tongue and saliva of control group(P>0.05). Conclusively, we can guess that H. pylori in the oral cavity is not related with burning mouth syndrome.
Buring mouth syndrome;Helicobacter pylori;nested polymerase chain reaction(PCR);oral cavity
Supported by : 조선대학교
- Ahn JM, Yoon CL, Lee JK, Lee YS, Lee SH. Incidence of Helicobacter pylori according to aging in saliva of Korean. Oral Biology Research 2005;29(3):5-12.
- Warren JR, Marshal B. Unidentified curved bacilli on gastric epithelium in active chronic gastrictis. Lancet 1983;1:1273-1275.
- Ryu JW, Kang SW, Yoon CL, Ahn JM. detection of Helicobacter pylori in saliva of patient with oral lichen planus. Korean J Oral Med 2008;33(3):241-246.
- Hur W, Yoon CL, Ahn JM. Detection of Herpes Simplex Virus, Varicella Zoster Virus, Helicobacter Pylori and Candida in saliva of patients with recurrent aphthous ulceration. Korean J Oral Med 2005;30(3):319-328.
- 안종모, 나명수, 김병옥. 성인형 치주염 환자의 타액 및 치은연하치태에서 Helicobacter pylori의 발현양상. 대한치주과학회지 2004;34(4):723-731.
- Adler I, Denninghoff VC, Alvarez MI, Avagnina A, Yoshida R, Elsner B. Helicobacter pylori : associated glossitis and halitosis. Helicobacter 2005;10(4):312-317. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1523-5378.2005.00322.x
- 임현대, 강진규, 이유미. 구강작열감증후군의 병인론과 병태생리에 대한 고찰. 대한 구강내과학회지 2010;35(1):41-47.
- 이범권. 헬리코박터 감염. 치과임상 2007;27(1):50-51.
- Song Q, Spahr A, Schmid RN, Alder G, Bode G. Helicobacter pylori in the oral cavity : high prevalence and great DNA diversity. Dig. Dis Sci 2000;4(11):2162-2167.
- Long BJ, Chen K, Wu BL, Duan JM. Detection of Helicobacter pylori in oral cavity of patients with recurrent aphthous ulcer. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 2007;27(4):477-478.
- Gebara EC, Pannuti C, Faria CM, Chehter L, Mayer MP, Lima LA. Prevalence of Helicobacter pylori detected by polymerase chain reaction in the oral cavity of periodontitis patients. Oral Microbiol Immunol 2004;19(4):277-280. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-302X.2004.00153.x
- 최재갑, 허윤경. 구강작열감증후군 환자의 미각역치에 관한 연구. 대한구강내과학회지 2004;29(2):127-133.
- Cerchiari DP, de Moricz RD, Sanjar FA, Rapoport PB, Moretti G, Guerra MM. Burning mouth syndrome : etiology. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 2006;72(3):419-423. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1808-8694(15)30979-4
- 정성창, 김명구, 신금백 등. 구강안면동통과 측두하악장애 (개정판), 2006 (주)신흥 인터내셔날 19-20.
- Gall-Troselj K, Mravak-Stipetic M, Jurak I, Ragland WL, Pavelic J. Helicobacter pylori colonization of tongue mucosa - increased incidence in atrophic glossitis and burning mouth syndrome(BMS). J Oral Pathol Med 2001;30(9):560-563. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0714.2001.300909.x
- Bosh JA, de Geus EJ, Ligtenberg TM et al. Salivary MUC5B adherence(ex vivo) of Helicobacter pylori during acute stress. Psychosom Med 2000;62:40-49. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-200001000-00006
- Bergdahl M. Salivary flow and oral complaints in adult dental patients. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2000;28:59-66. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0528.2000.280108.x
- Andersen RN, Ganeshkumar N, Kolenbrander PE. Helicobacter pylori adhers selectively to Fusobacterium spp. Oral Microbial Immun 1998;13:51-54. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-302X.1998.tb00751.x
- Souto R, Colombo AP. Detection of Helicobacter pylori by polymerase chain reaction in the subgingival biofilm and saliva of non-dyspeptic periodontal patients. J Periodontol 2008;79(1):97-103. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2008.070241
- Gebara EC, Faria CM, Pannuti C, Chehter L, Mayer MP, Lima LA. Persistence of Helicobacter pylori in the oral cavity after systemic eradiation therapy. J Clin Periodontol 2006;33(5):329-333. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-051X.2006.00915.x
- 강승우, 유지원, 윤창륙, 안종모. 구강과 위내 Helicobacter pylori의 상호관련성. 대한구강내과학회지 2010;35(2):101-109.