- Volume 7 Issue 1
Reduction of Cooling Load using Outdoor Air Cooling
외기냉방을 이용한 냉방부하 절감 연구
- Kim, Min-Yang (Graduate School of Housing, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Young-Il (School of Architecture, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Chung, Kwang-Seop (School of Architecture, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2011.05.06
- Accepted : 2011.05.23
- Published : 2011.06.01
Due to enhanced sealing and insulation of buildings, extensive use of glasses for building envelopes and increased use of heat generating office equipments, energy consumption of modem buildings for cooling is steadily increasing. With outdoor air cooling(ODAC) system, cooling load can be reduced by exchanging indoor air with the cold outdoor air during spring and fall seasons. If ODAC is operated based only on temperature, total cooling load may virtually increase if the outdoor humidity is high. To overcome this problem, ODAC should be controlled based on enthalpy. In this work energy saving characteristics of enthalpy controlled ODAC is studied using dynamic simulation. The result shows that cooling load can be reduced by 27% by adopting ODAC.
- KEEI, 2007, Energy Monthly Bulletin of Statistics, Korea Energy Economics Institute.
- Lee, K. H. and Lee, S. B., 1997, A Study of OA Control Strategies for Energy Efficient Cooling in an Office Building, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 135-143.
- Lee, S. M. et al.. 2000, The analysis of free cooling status through HVAC operational data survey, Proceedings of the Kiaebs, pp. 279-282.
- Chol, W. G. et al., 2004, Analysis of building energy using TRNSYS, Gungiwon, pp. 55-108.
- ASHRAE, 2005, ASHRAE Hand Book 2005 Fundermentals.
- Pack, J. I. et al., 2009, Development of Simplified Building Energy Simulation Program for Building Energy Performance Analysis, International Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 9-15.
- Baek, S. J, 2009, A study optimal control application methods for heat source and HVAC system in centrol cooling system, MS thesis, Kyungwon University, Seongnam, Korea.