- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Influence of Time Stress on EEG Characteristics Related with Human Errors
시간 압박이 인간과오 관련 뇌파 특성에 미치는 영향
- Lim, Hyeon-Kyo (Department of Safety Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- 임현교 (충북대학교 안전공학과)
- Received : 2011.04.21
- Accepted : 2011.06.21
- Published : 2011.06.30
It is well known that urgency resulted from time stress can be a great cause to industrial accidents. Therefore, time stress has been studied in the aspect of macroscopic view, namely industrial safety management, but has not been studied in microscopic view such as psychophysiological approach. Among diverse psychophysiological indices, Electroencephalogram(EEG) would be on of the most objective psychophysiological research technique on human errors though few research has been taken yet. This study aimed to get characteristics of human error while committing a simple arithmetic addition task by utilizing the power spectrum technique of EEG data. Each experiment was composed of 2 tasks under different condition - with and without time stress. As subjects, 5 young undergraduate students in their early twenties participated in this study. The results advocated a well-known fact that time stress downgrades the performance of human workers. However, correct answer rate and response time were not significantly influenced by time stress factor which might be explained by the constructural factor adopted in the present study. As in the previous studies, among various EEG-related measures, relative band power ratios of
human error;psychophyisiological approach;spectral analysis;EEG;band-power;time stress
Supported by : 충북대학교
- 谷村富男, ヒューマン.エラーの分析と防止, 日科 技連, 1995.
- 角本定男, 勞働災害要因の調査․分析と對策, 中央勞働災害防止協會, 1984.
- Sayers, B.A., Human Factors and Decision Making: Their Influence on Safety and Reliability, Elsevier, London, 1988.
- Svenson, O., and Maule, A.J., Time Pressure and Stress in Human Judgement and Decision Making, Plenum Press, New York, 1993.
- 橋本邦衛, 安全人間工學, 中央勞働災害防止協會, 1984.
- Haider M., Spong P., and Lindsley D.B., "Attention, vigilance, and cortical evoked-potentials in humans", Science, Vol.145, pp. 180-182, 1964. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.145.3628.180
- 임현교, "인간과오의 심리생리적 징후와 작업 수행도", 한국산업안전학회 춘계 학술논문발표회, pp. 260-263, 2000.
- 임현교, "인간과오 유발상황에서 뇌파 상대파워 특성의 변화", 한국안전학회지, 제23권, 제3호, pp. 65-70, 2008.
- 임현교, "작업난이도 변화가 인간과오 관련 뇌파 특성에 미치는 영향", 한국안전학회지, 제25권, 제 3호, pp. 123-130, 2010.