- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Trunk Flexion and Low Extremity Posture on Maximum Holding Time
허리굽힘과 다리자세가 작업지속시간에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Lee, Se-Jung (Department of Safety Engineering, Graduate Scool, Pukyong National University) ;
- Chang, Seong-Rok (Department of Safety Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2011.02.16
- Accepted : 2011.05.23
- Published : 2011.06.30
Despite most of tasks in manufacturing, construction and agriculture, etc., were currently mechanized and automated, manual materials handling still existed in atypical working condition. In case of manual materials handling, repetitive work, inappropriate working posture, excessive force, contact stress might cause overload, which could lead to work-related musculoskeletal disorders and low back pains. On this basis, the goal of this study is to reveal the effects of various lifting postures of trunk angles and lower extremity postures on maximum holding time(MHT). Twenty two subjects were recruited from a university population. The experiment was designed by a combination of three trunk angle (
work posture;trunk;lower extremity;maximum voluntary contraction;maximum holding time
Supported by : 교육과학기술부, 한국연구재단
- Wells N., "Back Pain", Office of Health Economics: London, 1985.
- Okunribido O., "Lower limb MSD-scoping work in help inform advice and research planning", Health and Safety Excutive(HSE), 2009.
- 이인석, "쪼그려 앉은 작업자세에서의 작업부하 평가", 포항공과대학교 대학원 석사학위 논문, 1996.
- Chung M.K., Lee I., Kee S., Kim S.H., "A Postural workload evaluation system based on a macropostural classification", Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 267-277, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/hfm.10017
- 이인석, 정민근, 기도형, "심물리학적 방법을 이용한 다양한 하지 자세의 부하 평가", 대한인간공학회지, 제21권, 제4호, pp. 47-65, 2002.
- Kirby R.L., Price N.A., MacLeod D.A., "The Influence if foot position on standing balance", Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 423-427, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(87)90049-2
- Van Wely P., "Design and disease", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 1, No. 5, pp. 262-269, 1970. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-6870(70)90075-X
- Grandjean E., Hüunting W., "Ergonomics of postures review of various problems of standing and sitting postures", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 135-140, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-6870(77)90002-3
- Cooper C., McAlindon T., Coggon D., Egger P., Dieppe P., "Occupational activity and osteoarthritis of the Knee", Ann. Rheum. Dis., Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 90- 93, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.53.2.90
- Coggon D., Croft P., Kellingray S., Barrett D., Mc- Laren M., Cooper, C., "Occupational physical activities and osteoarthritis of the knee", Arthritis and Rheumatism, Vol. 43, No. 7, pp. 1443-1449, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/1529-0131(200007)43:7<1443::AID-ANR5>3.0.CO;2-1
- Nahit E.S. Macfarlane G.J., Pritchard C.M., Cherry N.M., Silman A. J, "Short-term influence of mecha nical factors on regional musculoskeletal pain: A study of new workers from 12 occupational groups", Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 58, pp. 374-381, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1136/oem.58.6.374
- Baker P., Reading I., Cooper C., Coggon D., "Knee disorders in the general population and their relation to occupation", Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 60, No. 10, pp. 794-797, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1136/oem.60.10.794
- Zhang Y., Hunter D.J., Nevitt M. C., Xu L., Niu J., Lui L.Y., Yu W., Aliabadi P., Felson D.T., "Association of squatting with increased prevalence of radiographic tibiofemoral knee osteoarthritis The Beijing osteoarthritis study", Arthritis and Rheumatism, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 1187-1192, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/art.20127
- Felson D. T., Hannan M. T., Naimark A., Berkeley J., Gordon G., Wilson P.W., Anderson J., "Occupational physical demands, knee bending and knee osteoarthritis: Results from the Framingham study", Journal of Rheumatology, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 1587-1592, 1991.
- Roelen C.A.M., Schreuder K.J., Koopmans P.C., Froothoff J.W., "Perceived job demands relate to self-reported health complaints", Occupational Medicine, Vol. 58, pp. 58-63, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1093/occmed/kqm134
- McAtamney L., Corlett E. N., "RULA: a survey method for the investigation of work-related upper limb disorders", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 91-99, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-6870(93)90080-S
- McAtamney L., Corlett E, N.., "RULA: A rapid upper limb assessment tool", Ergonomics for all, pp. 286- 291, 1994.
- Dul J., Douwes M., Smitt P., "Ergonomic guidelines for the prevention of discomfort of static postures on endurance data", Ergonomics, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 807- 815, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139408963690
- Nag P.K., "Endurance limits in different modes of load holding", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 185-188, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-6870(91)90158-E
- Putz-Anderson V., Galinsky T.L., "Psychophysically determined work durations for limiting shoulder girdle fatigue from elecated manual work", Interna tional Journal of Industrial Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 19-28, 1993.
- Chaffin D. B., "Human strength capability and low back pain", Journal of Occupational and Medicine, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 248-254, 1974.
- Magora A., "Investigation of the relation between low back pain and occupation", Industrial Medicine and Surgery, Vol. 39, No. 12, pp. 504-510, 1970.
- Caruntu D.I., Hefzy M.S., Goel V.K., Goitz H.T., Dennis M.J., Agrawal V., "Modeling the knee joint in deep flexion: thigh and calf contact", Transactions of the Summer Bioengineering Conference, pp. 459- 460, 2003.