- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Experimental Studies on Risks of BB Pellets Using Gelatine Based Simulants
젤라틴 Simulant를 이용한 비비탄총 탄환의 위험성에 관한 실험적 연구
- Park, Dal-Jae (Department of Safety Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Suk (Department of Safety Engineering, Graduate School of Industry, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Young-Soon (Department of Safety Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2010.12.13
- Accepted : 2011.05.02
- Published : 2011.06.30
Experimental studies were performed to investigate the injury potential of BB pellets through gelatine based simulants. In order to record BB pellet movements penetrating into the target simulant, a high-speed video camera was used. In this study the first investigation involved the effects on concentrations, homogeneity and gelation times of the gelatine simulant. The second investigation involved the penetration depth of the pellets to the simulant by different distances between the BB gun and the simulant. The final one is associated with impact velocity, threshold velocity and penetration depth of the pellets by different kinetic energies of the BB gun. Results provided the basis in assessing the injury potential of BB pellets.
BB pellet;impact velocity;threshold velocity;penetration depth;gelatine simulant
Supported by : 지식경제부
- 한국완구공업협동조합, 월간완구, 한국완구공업협동조합, 2007.
- 한국소비자보호원, 위해정보 통계자료, http://www. ciss.or.kr, 2010.
- S. Endo, N. Ishida, and T. Yamaguchi, "Tear in the trabecular meshwork caused by an airsoft gun", American Journal of Ophthalmology, Vol. 131, pp. 656-657, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9394(00)00877-1
- A. Kratz, J. Levy, D. Cheles, Z. Ashkenazy, E. Tsumi, and T. Lifshitz, "Airsoft gun-related ocular injuries: novel findings, ballistics investigation, and histopathologic study", American Journal of Ophthalmology, Vol. 149, pp. 37-44, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajo.2009.08.013
- J.P. Saunte and M.E. Saunte, "33 cases of airsoft gun pellet ocular injuries in Copenhagen, Denmark, 1998- 2002", Acta Ophthalmologica Scandinavica, Vol. 84, pp. 755-758, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0420.2006.00734.x
- C. Ramstead, M. Ng and C.J. Rudnisky, "Ocular injuries associated with airsoft guns: a case series", Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, Vol. 43, pp. 584-587, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3129/I08-131
- J. Jussila, "Preparing ballistic gelatine-review and proposal for a standard method", Forensic Science International, Vol. 141, pp. 91-98, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2003.11.036
- 김진수, 조순영, 하진환, 이응호, "에탄올처리 각시가자미껍질 젤라틴의 물리적 특성에 대한 겔화 조건의 영향", 한국식품과학회지, 제27권, 제4호, pp. 483-486, 1995.