- Volume 21 Issue 3
On the basis of DCPA(Distance to Closest Point of Approach) and TCPA(Time to CPA), the conventional algorithms for collision avoidances have a drawback that the '72 CORLEGs(International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972) has not taken into account to prevent collisions between ships. In this paper, the proposed algorithm decides whether the own ship is a give-way vessel or a stand-on vessel by observing the relative bearing of the encountered ship. To determine the ship position and time for collision avoidance, the proposed algorithm utilizes the ellipse model for ship safety domain. The computer simulation is done to represent the process of adversive behavior. Using the proposed method, the past maritime accident is analyzed. The proposed method can be effectively applied to collision avoidance by CORLEGs even when the target ship's navigational lights is invisible in poor weather and/or in the restricted visibility.
DCPA;TCPA;'72 COLREGs;Navigational light;COLREG
- Rafal Szlapczynski, "A unified measure of collision risk derived from the concept of a ship domain," The Journal of Navigation, vol. 59, pp.477-490, 2006.
- Rafal Szlapczynski, "Determining the Optimal Course Alteration Manoeuvre in a Multi-Target Encounter Situation for a Given Ship Domain Model", Annual of Navigation 12/2007, pp.75-85, 2007.
- Thomas Statheros, Gareth Howells and Klaus McDonald-Marier, "Autonomous Ship Collision Avoidance Navigation Concepts, Technologies and Techniques," The Journal of Navigation, vol. 61, pp.129-142, 2008.
- Y. Xue, B.S. Lee, and D. Han, "Automation collision avoidance of ships," Proc. IMechE, vol. 223, Part M: J. Engineering for the Maritime Environment, pp. 33-46, 2009.
- 강일권, "'72국제해상충돌방지규칙을 고려한 충돌위험도 결정시스템", Fish Tech, vol. 45(2), pp. 106-113, 2009.
- Fuji J., Tanaka K., "Traffic capacity," The Journal of Navigation, vol. 24, pp. 543-552, 1971. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0373463300022384
- 윤점동, 1972 국제해상충돌예방규칙에 관한 협약, 세종출판사, 2008.
- J. Lisowski, "The dynamic game models of safe navigation", TransNav2007, pp. 23-30.
- Prediction Table for Marine Traffic for Vessel Traffic Service Based on Cognitive Work Analysis vol.13, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2013.13.4.315
- Building an Algorithm for Compensating AIS Error Data vol.24, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2014.24.3.310
- Design of the Model for Predicting Ship Collision Risk using Fuzzy and DEVS vol.25, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9709/JKSS.2016.25.4.127