- Volume 44 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Pig Slurry Fertigation on Soil Chemical Properties and Growth and Development of Cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.)
돈분 액비 관비가 오이의 생육 및 토양화학성에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2011.02.18
- Accepted : 2011.03.23
- Published : 2011.04.30
This study was conducted to evaluate fertigation effects of pig slurry (PS) and chemical fertilizer (CF) in cucumber by investigating the growth and yield, nutrient content and uptake, nutrient use efficiency, and soil characteristics in greenhouse cultivation. The cropping patterns of cucumber were semi-forcing culture and retarding culture, and the experiment involves four treatments: No fertilizer (NF),
Fertigation;Pig slurry;Cucumber;Green house
- Bonmati, A. and X. Flotats. 2003. Air stripping of ammonia from pig slurry characterization and feasibility as preor post-treatment to mesophilic anaerobic digestion. Waste Management. 23:261-272. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0956-053X(02)00144-7
- Choi, J.K. 2008. Effect of liquid pig manure on horticultural crop and soil environment. 2008 Annual Report on Natural Cycle Agricultural Research. RDA. Natural Recycle Agricultural Research Project Team. p. 95-103.
- Clifford, WR., L.B. James, and H.D. Stensel. 1992. Design and retrofit of wastewater treatment plants for biological nutrient removal. Water Quality Management Library. 5:1-23.
- Greenwood, D.J., T.J. Cleaver, and M.K. Turner. 1974. Fertiliser requirements of vegetable crops. Proceedings of the Fertilizer Society. 145:16-29.
- Hwang, S.W., J.K. Sung, B.K. Kang, C.S. Lee, S.G. Yun, T.W. Kim, and K.C. Eom. 2004. Polyamine biosynthesis in red pepper and chinese cabbage by the application of liquid pig manure. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 37:171-176.
- Kang, B.G., H.J. Kim, G.J. Lee, and S.G. Park. 2004. Determination of the optimum application rate of pig slurry for red pepper cultivation. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 37:388-395.
- Lee, C.H., K.Y. Shin, J.T. Lee, G.J. Lee, and J.H. Ahn. 2003. Determination of nitrogen application level for Chinese cabbage with application of poultry manure compost in highland. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 36:280-289.
- Lee, I.B., J.H. Lim, and J.M. Park. 2007. Effect of reduced nitrogen fertigation rates on growth and yield of tomato. Kor. J. Environ. Agr. 26:306-312. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2007.26.4.306
- Lee, J.T., I.J. Ha, H.D. Kim, J.S. Moon, W.I. Kim, and W.D. Song. 2006a. Effect of liquid pig manure on growth, nutrient uptake of onion, and chemical properties in soil. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 24:148-156.
- Lee, I.B., J.M. Park, J.H. Lim, and K.S. Hwang. 2006b. Growth and yield response of the following tomato crop according to incorporation of green manure into soil. Kor. J. Environ. Agr. 25:346-351. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2006.25.4.346
- Liao, P.H., A. Chen, and K.V. Lo. 1995. Removal of nitrogen from swine manure water by ammonia stripping. Bioresource. Technol. 54:17-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/0960-8524(95)00105-0
- Lim, T.J., I.B. Lee, S.B. Kang, J.M. Park, and S.D. Hong. 2009a. Effects of continual pre-plant application of pig slurry on soil mineral nutrients and yield of chinese cabbage. Kor. J. Environ. Agr. 28:227-232. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2009.28.3.227
- Lim, T.J., S.D. Hong, S.B. Kang, and J.M. Park. 2009b. Evaluation of preplant optimum application rates of pig slurry composting biofiltration for chinese cabbage. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 27:572-577.
- Lim, T.J., S.D. Hong, S.H. Kim, and J.M. Park. 2008. Evaluation of yield and quality from red pepper for application rates of pig slurry composting biofiltration. Kor. J. Environ. Agr. 27:171-177. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.2.171
- MAF. 2007. Statistical research annual report of agriculture and forestry. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. Seoul. Korea.
- Murayama, S., N. Kibo, M. Komada, K. Baba, and A. Tsumura. 2001. Water quality, particularly of trihalomethane formation potential of ground water of articultural area of humic volcanic ash soil on Shirash Plateau where livestock wastes have been applied as land management. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr. 72:764-774.
- NIAST. 2000. Methods of soil chemical analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Papadopopoulos, I. 1986. Nitrogen fertigation of greenhousegrown cucumber. Plant and Soil. 93:87-93. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02377148
- Park, J.M., T.J. Lim, S.B. Kang, I.B. Lee, and Y.I. Kang. 2010. Effect of pig slurry fertigation on soil chemical properties and yield of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill). Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:488-493.
- Ro, H.M., H.J. Choi, S.I. Yun, M.J. Lee, J.M. Kim, H.L. Choi, and K. Zhu. 2008. Growth of chinese cabbage and losses of non-point sources from runoff and leaching in soils as affected by anaerobically digested liquid pig slurry. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 41:112-117.
- Rural Development Adminstration (RDA). 2010. Manual of appling compost and liquid fertilizer with livestock manure. Rural Development Adminstration, Suwon, Korea.
- Rural Development Adminstration (RDA). 2009a. Improvement of the swine slurry treatment and land application technology for recycling, p. 1-50., In: Kim, J.H. et al. (ed.). Improvement of the swine slurry treatment system by SCB process. 2009 Report of National Joint Agricultural Research Project of RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Rural Development Adminstration (RDA). 2009b. Improvement of the swine slurry treatment and land application technology for recycling, p. 110-134. In: Park, J.M. et al. (ed.). Development of cultivation technology for appliance in fruit tree and greenhouse vegetation of slurry composting biofilatration. 2009 Report of National Joint Agricultural Research Project of RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Yadav, R.L., B.S. Dwivede, K. Prasad, and P.S, Pandey. 2000. Yield trends and changes in soil organic-C and available NPK in a long-term rice-wheat system under integrated use of manure and fertilizers. Field Crop Res. 68:219-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4290(00)00126-X
- Effect of Slurry Composting Biofiltration (SCB) Liquid Manure on Shoot Growth and Fruit Qualities of Peach (Prunus persica L.) and Soil Chemical Properties in Orchard vol.46, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2013.46.6.530
- Effect of Mixed Liquid Fertilization on Growth Responses of Red peppers and Soil Chemical Properties vol.48, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2015.48.3.225
- Inhibition of in Vitro Growth of Three Soil-borne Turfgrass Diseases by Antagonistic Bacteria from Composted Liquid Manure vol.32, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2014.14085
- Effects of Tillage and Fertilizers on Growth Characteristics and Yield of Soybean vol.61, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2016.61.4.264
- Monitoring of Microorganisms in Commercial Liquid Pig Manures in Korea vol.44, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.1181
- Influence of the Composted Liquid Manure on the Turf Growth of Zoysiagrass (Zoysiagrass japonica) and Soil Properties vol.3, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.4.347
- Impact Assessment of Liquid Manure Application on Soil and Shallow Groundwater in Poplar Experimental Site vol.57, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2015.57.1.025
- Effects of Devarda's Alloy Addition on Determination of Total Nitrogen and Inorganic Nitrogen in Liquid Livestock Manure vol.45, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.223
- Effect of Slurry Composting Bio-filtration (SCB) by Subsurface Drip Fertigation on Cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) Yield and Soil Nitrogen Distribution in Greenhouse vol.46, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2013.46.4.253
- Effect of Pig Slurry Application on the Mineral Content of Leaf, Fruit Quality and Soil Chemical Properties in Pear Orchard vol.45, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.209
- Effect of Slurry Composting and Bio-filtration (SCB) by Fertigation on Soil Chemical Properties and Growth of Red Pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) vol.48, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2015.48.5.404
- Optimum Application Amount, Timing, and Frequency of Slurry Composted and Biofiltered Liquid Fertilizer for Zoysia japonica 'Millock' vol.30, pp.6, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2012.12099
- Biodiesel Production and Nutrients Removal from Piggery Manure Using Microalgal Small Scale Raceway Pond (SSRP) vol.32, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11626/KJEB.2014.32.1.026
- Growth Response of Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) Using Balanced Manure Nutrients Supply by Fertigation Culture vol.26, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11625/KJOA.2018.26.2.269