- Volume 44 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Mixed Sowing of Hairy Vetch and Rye on Green Manure Yield in Mountainous Highland
고랭지에서 녹비 생산성 증진을 위한 헤어리베치와 호밀 혼파 재배 효과
- Kim, Se-Won (Gangwon Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Seo, Young-Ho (Gangwon Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Choi, Yong-Bum (Gangwon Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Ahn, Moon-Sub (Gangwon Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Kang, An-Seok (Gangwon Agricultural Research & Extension Services)
- Received : 2011.03.15
- Accepted : 2011.05.25
- Published : 2011.06.30
Co-incorporation of Leguminosae with Gramineae could reduce the risk of nitrogen starvation phenomena caused by appling green manure of Gramineae alone. The objective of the study was to examine the effect of mixed sowing of hairy vetch and rye seeds on soil quality in mountainous highland. Mixed sowing of hairy vetch and rye increased the yield of green manure and nutrients compared with those for sowing of hairy vetch or rye alone. The yield of green manure from row seeding was
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Chang, K.R. and S.M. Sohn. 2000. Sustenance and enhancement of soil fertility for organic farming by legumes and green manure. Korean J. Organic Agric. 8:97-110.
- Kim, D.H., J.H. Seo, C.G. Kim, S.H. Choi, M.H. Ko, and I.B. Heo. 1998. Effect of crop rotation on the growth of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) and soil properties. J. Korean Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 31:216-224.
- Kim, J.G., S. Seo, E.S. Chung, Y.C. Lim, J.K. Lee, J.H. Seo, and G.J. Park. 2002a. Effect of planting and harvest dates on quality and productivity of rye-hairy vetch mixture. J. Korean Grassl. Sci. 22:241-246. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2002.22.4.241
- Kim, J.G., S.H. Yoon, E.S. Chung, Y.C. Lim, S. Seo, J.H. Seo, and S.J. Kim. 2002b. Effect of seeding method and mixing ratio on the quality and productivity of rye-hairy vetch mixture. J. Korean Grassl. Sci. 22:233-240. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2002.22.4.233
- Lee, H.J., J.S. Lee, and J.H. Seo. 2002. Decomposition and N release of hairy vetch applied as a green manure and its effects on rice yield in paddy field. Korean J. Crop Sci. 47:137-141.
- Lee, H.W. and H.S. Park. 2002. Nitrogen fixation of legumes and cropping system for organic forage production. Korean J. Organic Agric. 10:49-63.
- National Academy of Agricultural Science (NAAS). 2000. Methods of soil chemical analysis. National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- National Alpine Agriculture Experiment Station (NAAES). 2001. Development of environment sound alpine agriculture to enhance public function. National Alpine Agriculture Experiment Station, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Rural Development Administration (RDA). 2003. Standard measurement and analysis in agricultural research and development, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Seo, J.H. 2005. Improvement of hairy vetch seed production by mixture cropping of hairy vetch and triticale. Korean J. Crop Sci. 50:73-78.
- Seo, J.H. and H.J. Lee. 2003. Soil mineral nitrogen uptake and corn growth from hairy vetch with conventional and no-tillage systems. Korean J. Crop Sci. 48:381-387.
- Seo, J.H., H.J. Lee, I.B. Hur, S.J. Kim, C.K. Kim, and H.S. Jo. 2000a. Comparisons of chemical composition and forage yield among winter green manure crops. J. Korean Grassl. Sci. 20:193-198.
- Seo, J.H., H.J. Lee, I.B. Hur, S.J. Kim, C.K. Kim, and H.S. Jo. 2000b. Comparisons of soil nitrate and corn nitrogen uptake according to winter forage rye and green manure hairy vetch. J. Korean Grassl. Sci. 20:199-206.
- Seo, J.H., H.J. Lee, and S.J. Kim. 2000c. Changes of green manure and nitrogen yield of hairy vetch according to seeding date in autumn. Korean J. Crop Sci. 45:400-404.
- Torbert, H.A., D.W. Reeves, and R.L. Mulvaney. 1996. Winter legume cover crop benefits to corn: rotation vs. fixed-nitrogen effects. Agron. J. 88:527-535. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1996.00021962008800040005x
- Yang, J.E., B.O. Cho, Y.O. Shin, and J.J. Kim. 2001. Fertility status in northeastern alpine soils of south Korea with cultivation of vegetable crops. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 34:1-7.
- Effects of Application of Liquid Pig Manure on Yield of Green manure in Single and Companion Cropping vol.45, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.5.805
- The applicability of burcucumber (Sicyos angulatus L.) as a substitute for nitrogen fertilizer vol.35, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2016.35.1.06
- Effects of Liquid Pig Manure on Yield and Nutrition Supply of Green Manure Crops in Jeju vol.48, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2015.48.6.731
- Assessment of Sustainable Production on Paddy Field Treated with Green Manure Crops Using Sustainability Index vol.47, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2014.47.3.165
- The Effects of the Short-term Cultivation and Incorporation of Legume Green Manures on the Chemical Properties of Soil Contaminated with Heavy Metals vol.33, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2014.33.3.155
- Effect of Mixed Sowing of Hairy Vetch and Wheat on Green Manure Yield in a Reclaimed Land vol.48, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14397/jals.2014.48.3.85
- Biomass, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus Productivities of Green Manure by Barley and Hairy Vetch Mixtures vol.26, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11625/KJOA.2018.26.4.719