- Volume 44 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effects of No-tillage Rice Cover Crop Cropping Systems on Rice Root Growth
무경운 피복작물 작부체계가 벼 뿌리 생육에 미치는 영향
- Son, Daniel (Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Young-Han (Gyeongsangnam-do Agricultural Research and Extension Services)
- Received : 2011.05.19
- Accepted : 2011.06.08
- Published : 2011.06.30
This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of rice cover crop cropping systems on rice root growth in a rice field as affected by conventional tillage without rice straw or green manure crop treatment (CTFS, check plot), no-tillage without cover crops (NTNT), no-tillage amended with rape (NTRA), no-tillage amended with rye (NTRY), no-tillage amended with hairyvetch (NTHV), and no-tillage amended with Chinese milk vetch (NTCM). In 0-5 cm soil depth, dry weight of root in NTRS (
No-till;Root growth;Paddy;Active organic matter;Cover crop
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Barley, K.P. 1970. The configuration of the root system in relation to nutrient uptake. Adv. Agron. 17:159-201.
- Cho, H.J., I.S. Jo, B.K. Hyun, and J.S. Shin. 1995. Effects of different tillage practices on changes of soil physical properties and growth of direct seeding rice. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 28(4):301-305.
- Hong, K.P., Y.G. Kim, W.K. Joung, G.M. Shon, G.W. Song, Y.J. Choi, and Z.R. Choe. 2003. Changes in physicochemical properties of soil, yield and milling quality of rice grown under the long-term no-till rice system. Korean J. Crop Sci. 48(3):196-199.
- Jeon, W.T., C.Y. Park, Y.S. Cho, K.D. Park, E.S. Yun, U.G. Kang, S.T. Park, and Z.R. Choe. 2003. Spatial distribution of rice root under long-term chemical and manure fertilization in paddy. Korean J. Crop Sci. 48(6): 484-489.
- Kim, J.Y., Y.S. Lee, K.P. Hong, B.J. Lee, G.M. Shon, Y.J. Choi, and Z.R. Choe. 1993. Effects of direct sowing and mechincal transplanting on the growth of rice in no-tilage paddy rice system. Crop Production and Improvement Technology in Asia 73-82.
- Kwon, O.D. and Y.I. Kuk. 2002. Weed occurrence, growth and yield of rice transplanted with 30-day-old seedlings in no-tillage paddy fields. Korean J. Weed Sci. 22(3): 199-206.
- Lee, Y.H. 2010. Evaluation of no-tillage rice cover crop cropping systems for organic farming. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43:200-208.
- Lee, Y.H., D. Son, and Z.R. Choe. 2009. Effects of ricewinter cover crops cropping systems on the rice yield and quality in no-tillage paddy field. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 28(1):53-58. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2009.28.1.053
- Morita, S. and J. Abe. 1996. Root system architecture of rice plants based on formation of phytomers. Proceeding of the international symposium (Maximizing sustainable rice yields through improved soil and environmental management), Thailand.
- Newman, E.I. and R.E. Andrews. 1973. Uptake of phosphorus and potassium in relation to root growth and root density. Plant Soil 38:49-69. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00011217
- NIAST (National institute of Agricultural Science and Technology), 2000. Methods of analysis of soil and plant, NIAST, Suwon, Korea.
- Park, H.K., S.S. Kim, W.Y. Choi, K.S. Lee, and J.K. Lee. 2002. Effect of continuous cultivation years on soil properties, weed occurrence, and rice yield in no-tillage machine transplanting and direct dry-seeding culture of rice. Korean J. Crop Sci. 47(3):167-173.
- RDA (Rural Development Administration). 2003. Standard of analysis and survey for agricultural research. RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- SAS Institute, 2006. SAS Version 9.1.3 for Window, SAS Inst., Cary, NC.
- Wilhelm, W.W. 1998. Dry-matter partitioning and leaf area of winter wheat grown in a long-term fallow tillage comparisons in the US Central Great Plains. Soil Till. Res. 49:40-56.
- Impacts of Organic Farming System on the Soil Microbial Ecology in No-till Paddy vol.44, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.814
- Effects of No-tillage Dry-seeding on Rice Growth and Soil Hardness vol.49, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2016.49.6.662
- No-till Farming System: Research Direction and Outlook in Korea vol.46, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2013.46.3.143
- Patterns of change in soil organic matter, physical properties and crop productivity under tillage practices and cropping systems in Bangladesh vol.155, pp.02, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021859616000265