- Volume 44 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Soil Physico-Chemical Properties and Characteristics of Microbial Distribution in the Continuous Cropped Field with Paeonia lactiflora
작약 연작재배지의 토양 이화학성 및 미생물 분포특성
- Park, Jun-Hong ;
- Seo, Yeong-Jin ;
- Choi, Seong-Yong ;
- Zhang, Yong-Sun ;
- Ha, Sang-Keun ;
- Kim, Jang-Eok
- Received : 2011.09.05
- Accepted : 2011.10.14
- Published : 2011.10.31
This study was conducted to obtain the information about injury caused by continuous cropping of peony (Paeonia lactiflora). Soil physico-chemical properties, characteristics of microbial distribution and diversities in the continuous cropped field with peony were analyzed. As the results, pH and organic matter content were higher in the continuous cropping soil than those in the first cropping soil. Bulk density was decreased but porosity was increased in the continuous cropping soil. As the cultivation period was lengthened in years, the populations of bacteria and actinomyces were gradually decreased, whereas fungal population was increased. It was shown that the metabolic diversity patterns of the microbial communities in the continuous cropping soil differed from that of the first cropping soil. These results indicate that deterioration of soil quality such as physico-chemical properties including a soil depth, bulk density, porosity and soil pH is related with a continuous cultivation periods, and also affect a microbial population, especially fungi.
Peony;Continuous Cropping;Soil physico-chemical properties;Microbial population
- Bae, S.G., J.H. Kim, S.J. Park, and J.C. Kim. 2008. Influence of forcing cultivation time on cut flower, root quality and yield in peony (Paeonia lactiflora Pall. Cv. Taebaek). Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci. 16(6):421-426.
- Banyer, H.J. 1966. Cereal root diseases and their control. Part III Agric. South. Aust. 415-417.
- Blakley, E.R. 1966. Gas chromatography of phenolic acid, Anal. Biochem. 15:350-354. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(66)90042-X
- Bradley, R.L., B. Shipley, and C. Beaulieu. 2006. Refining numerical approaches for analyzing soil microbial community catabolic profiles based on carbon source utilization patterns. Soil Biology & Biochemistry 38:629-632. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soilbio.2005.07.002
- Choi, S.J. 1994. Selection of superior peony varieties for ornamental use. J. Kor. Soc. Hort. Sci. 35:665-674.
- Choi, S.Y., K.S. Park, K.J. Kim, and J.C. Kim. 2004. Occurrence and control of black root rot of peony (Paeonia lactiflora) on continuous cropping. Res. Plant Dis. 10(4):268-271. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2004.10.4.268
- Choo, Y.D., J.C. Kim, W.B. Whang, and S.D. Park. 1995. Effect of intercropping system on the population on nematodes. Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci. 3(2):116-119.
- Choung, M.G., K.H. Kang, and Y.H. Kwack. 1999. The changes of bioactive component concentrations in different aged-peony (Paeonia lactiflora Pall.) root. Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci. 7:193-199.
- Garland, J.L. and A.L. Mills. 1991. Classification and characterization of heterotrophic microbial communities on the basis of patterns of community level sole carbon source utilization. Appl. Environ. Microb. 57:2351-2359.
- Gomez, E., L. Ferreras, and S. Toresani. 2006. Soil bacterial functional diversity as influenced by organic amendment application. Biores. Technol. 97:1484-1489. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2005.06.021
- Griebel, G.E. and L.D. Owens. 1972. Nature of the transient activation of soil microorganisms by ethanol or acetaldehyde. Soil Biol. Biochem. 4:1-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-0717(72)90036-3
- Kim, Y.H., M.S. Kim, H.K. Kwak, and S.K. Jung. 2007. Establishment of nutrient levels for environment freindly soil management practices. NIAST research report. p.744-767. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Suwon, Korea.
- MFAFF. 2008. Guide book of industrial crop production. Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Seoul, Korea.
- NIAST. 1988. Methods of soil chemical analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA. Suwon, Korea.
- Park, I.H., S.R. Lee, and H.T. Jeung. 1988. Medical plant cultivation. Sunjinmunhwasa Press, Seoul, Korea.
- Park, K.C., Y.J. Seo, C.Y. Kim, J.S. Kim, Y.K. Yi, and J.A. Seo. 2008. Influence of growing green manures on soil microbial activity and diversity under organically managed grape-greenhouse. Korean J. Environ. Agri. 27(3):260-266. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.3.260
- Park, S.D., K.J. Kim, O.J. You, S.J. Kim, J.C. Kim, and J.H. Shin. 1996. Incidence of major diseases on Paeonia lactiflora Pallas. Korean J. Medicinal Crop Sci. 4(3):236-240.
- Ryu, J., J.S. Na, and N.Y. Hwang. 1992. Study on the cause of injury by continuous cropping of peanut. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 25(3):270-274.
- Stukus, P.E. 1997. Investigating Microbiology; A laboratory manual for general microbiology, New York, NY, USA.
- Crop Rotation in Paddy Soil Exhibiting Crop Failure Following Replanting: Effect on Soil Chemical Properties, Soil Microbial Community and Growth Characteristics of 2-Year-Old Ginseng vol.24, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2016.24.4.294