- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study to Examine the Awareness of the Parents, whose Children are Attending an Elementary School in Gyeonggi-do, on Herbal Medication and Health Functional Food
수도권 지역 초등학생 학부모의 한약 및 건강기능식품의 인식 실태에 대한 연구
- Received : 2011.03.25
- Accepted : 2011.04.22
- Published : 2011.04.30
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to examine the different preferences between herbal medicine and health functional food, and analyze the reasons for the preferences to figure out the better way of promoting herbal medicine. Methods: 500 questionnaires has been handed out to the parents having elementary school students in Gyeonggi-do province, and 331 questionnaires has been collected and evaluated for this study. Results: Among the 331 responses, 58.4% were female, and 41.6% were male. The percentages of the subjects who consume health supplements and that of herbal medicines were 67.4% and 59.2% respectively. The preference rate for the health supplements was 57.6%, and for herbal medicines was 42.4%. The major reason of taking the health supplements was that they were convenient to consume(54%). The major reason for choosing herbal medicines was that people 'expect them to be more effective'(72.7%). However, the problem with Herbal medicine was their consumptions were inconvenient (39.8%), and their tastes was unfavorable. The most preferable form of herbal medication was pills(50.6%), followed by syrup(22.9%). Pertinent price for herbal medication, the participants were favorable to pay 30,000 within a week. For the question on when to start taking the herbal medication, 18 months after was the popular answers from the participants. Conclusions: Among the 331 subjects, the percentage of consuming the health supplements (67.4%) was higher than that of consuming the Herbal Medicine (59.2%). Also the preference was higher than the Herbal Medicine. The reason why the participant preferred health supplements was that they were 'easy to take', The reason for subjects' great preference in herbal medicine was based on their conception that herbal medicines were highly effective. When taking herbal medicine, participants addressed inconvenience in consuming, and unfavorable taste as the biggest problems. Also they thought that pills would be most convenient form of herbal medicine to consume. For the proper price, they were willing to pay less than 30000won, lower than a market price, per a week for the herbal medicine. Most parents thought that proper age of taking herbal medicine is ' 18 month after the birth'. Taking these into account, different perspectives on herbal medicine is necessary at the very moment.
Herbal medicine;Health functional foods;Elementary school students
- 식품의약품안전청 홈페이지. http://hfood.kfda.go.kr
- 조태제. 건강기능식품법의 문제점과 개선방안(공동학술대회 발표논문).법과 정책연구. 2009;9(1):9-35.
- 김미기, 정지호, 신권성, 이동엽, 이해자, 박은정. 수도권 지역 초등학생의 건강기능식품 및 한약 복용 실태에 대한 연구. 대한한방소아과학회지. 2010;24(2):40-8.
- 김윤선. 강원지역 중년 남녀의 건강기능식품의 섭취 실태와 식습관. 고려대학교 대학원. 2004.
- 김미라, 임미경. 부산․경남 지역소비자의 건강식품 섭취자와 비섭취자의 특성 비교 및 섭취 의도에 영향을 미치는 요인 분석. 동아시아 식생활학회지. 2007;17(6): 798-807.
- 이정윤, 채수규, 김규동. 건강기능식품에 대한 인식 및 구매 의도 연구. 2011;18(1):103-10.
- 김선효. 우리나라 일부 대학생의 건강기능식품 섭취 실태 및 섭취 요인 연구. 2010;25(2):150-9.
- 손정모. 피부질환 보유 어린이의 건강기능식품 섭취와 한약 복용 실태조사. 중앙대학교 의약식품대학원. 2006.
- 김미기, 정지호, 임정훈, 안재선, 박진수, 안민섭, 이해자, 박은정. 초등학생의 건강기능식품 및 한약 복용 실태에 대한 연구. 2009;23(3):143-54.
- 김기봉, 김장현. 소아 임상상 한약 제형에 관한 연구. 1999;13(2):1-14.
- 김용호, 김세현, 장혜정, 박재경, 정미영, 박유선. 한약건강보험에 대한 일반인의 한약제형 선호도 조사. 대한본초학회지. 2009;24(4):17-23.
- 배주환, 남철현, 위광복. 한방의료개선에 대한 지역사회주민의 의식조사. 대한예방한의학회지. 1997;1: 126-36.
- 이선동, 박경식. 최근 일부 한국인의 한의사, 한방의료 기관 및 한의학 관련인식, 태도 및 의료행위에 관한연구. 대한예방의학회지. 1997;1:27-36.
- 안영준. 초등학생에서 한약 이용 실태에 관한 연구. 대한소아과학회. 2007;50(4):381-5.
- 허준. 동의보감. 경남:동의보감 출판사. 2005:1836.
- 조정준. 급유방. 서울:여강출판사. 1993:34.
- Progress of Functional Food Market in Korea and Strategy of Korean Medicine vol.35, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13048/jkm.14007