- Volume 7 Issue 2
Efficient service description and modeling methodologies are essential for dynamic service composition to provide autonomous services for users in ubiquitous computing environments. In our previous research, we proposed a 'u-service' ontology which is an abstract and structured concept for device operations in ubiquitous environments. One of the problems that we faced during the design process was that there are not enough standards to analyze the effectiveness of a u-service ontology. In this paper, we propose a quality evaluation model to facilitate the design process of a uservice ontology. We extract modeling goals and evaluation indicators based on the uservice description specification. We also present quality metrics to quantify each of the design properties. The experiment result of the proposed quality model shows that we can use it to analyze the design of u-service ontology from various angles. Also, it shows that the model can provide a guideline, and offer appropriate recommendations for improvements.
Quality Model;Quality Metric;Dynamic Service Composition;U-service (Ubiquitous-Service) Ontology;U-service Description Specification
- M. Lee, S. Park and J. Lee, “Ontology-based Service Layering for Facilitating Alternative Service Discovery”, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (ICUIMC2008), Suwon, Korea, January, 2008, pp.482-487.
- M. Lee, J. Lee, S. Park and W. Cho, “Ontology-based Service Description and Overloading Method for Ubiquitous Computing”, Journal of Korea Information Processing Society, Vol.15-B, No.5, 2008, pp.465-476.
- ISO/IEC 9126-3 Software-Product quality-part 3: Internal Metrics, 2003, ISO/IEC Technical Report TR 9126-3.
- J. Bansiya and C.G. Davis, “A Hierarchical Model for Object-Oriented Design Quality Assessment”, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol.28, No.1, 2002, pp.4-17. https://doi.org/10.1109/32.979986
- B. Shim, S. Choue, S. Kim and S. Park, “A Design Quality Model for Service-Oriented Architecture”, Proceedings of the 15th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, Beijing, China, December, 2008, pp.403-410.
- S. Oh, S. Kim and S. Rhew, “UCQM: A Quality Model for Practical Evaluation of Ubiquitous Computing Systems”, Journal of KIISE: Software and Applications, vol. 34, no. 4, 2007, pp.342-358.
- E. Al-Masri and Q.H. Mahmoud, “Toward Quality-Driven Web Service Discovery”, IT Professional, Vol.10, issue 3, 2008, pp.24-28.
- S. Tartir, I. B. Arpinar and A.P. Sheth, “Ontological Evaluation and Validation”, In Theory and Applications of Ontology (TAO), Vol.2, Springer-Berlin, 2008.
- CongoService.owl, http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/examples.html
- D. Martin, et al., “OWL-S: Semantic Markup for Web Services”, W3C Member Submission, 2004.
- BravoAirService.owl, http://www.daml.org/services/owl-s/1.1/examples.html
- Protege, http://protege.stanford.edu/
- Towards an accurate evaluation of quality of cloud service in service-oriented cloud computing vol.25, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10845-012-0661-6
- Bayesian Approach with Maximum Entropy Principle for trusted quality of Web service metric in e-commerce applications vol.5, pp.10, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1002/sec.426
- Adaptive Failure Identification for Healthcare Risk Analysis and Its Application on E-Healthcare vol.2014, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/865241
- Cloud infrastructure for ubiquitous M2M and IoT environment mobile application vol.18, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-014-0415-7
- Cloud computing for ubiquitous computing on M2M and IoT environment mobile application vol.19, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-016-0573-x