- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Low Complexity Channel Preprocessor for Multiple Antenna Communication Systems
다중 안테나 통신 시스템을 위한 저복잡도 채널 전처리 프로세서
- Hwang, You-Sun (School of Electronics, Telecommunication and Computer Eng., Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Jang, Soo-Hyun (School of Electronics, Telecommunication and Computer Eng., Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Han, Chul-Hee (Samsung Thales, Co. Ltd.) ;
- Choi, Sung-Nam (Samsung Thales, Co. Ltd.) ;
- Jung, Yun-Ho (School of Electronics, Telecommunication and Computer Eng., Korea Aerospace University)
- 황유선 (한국항공대학교 항공전자 및 정보통신 공학부) ;
- 장수현 (한국항공대학교 항공전자 및 정보통신 공학부) ;
- 한철희 (삼성탈레스(주)) ;
- 최성남 (삼성탈레스(주)) ;
- 정윤호 (한국항공대학교 항공전자 및 정보통신 공학부)
- Received : 2011.02.18
- Accepted : 2011.04.30
- Published : 2011.04.30
In this paper, the channel preprocessor with an area-efficient architecture is proposed for the MIMO symbol detector which can support four transmit and receive antennas. The proposed channel preprocessor can shrink the channel dimension to reduce the hardware complexity of the MIMO symbol detector. Also, the proposed channel preprocessor is implemented with very low complexity by using QR decomposition (QRD) and log-number system (LNS). By applying QRD and LNS to the nulling matrix calculation block, the numbers of matrix-multiplications and matrix-divisions are decreased and thus the complexity of the proposed channel preprocessor is significantly reduced. The proposed channel preprocessor was designed in a hardware description language (HDL) and synthesized to gate-level circuits using 0.13um CMOS standard cell library. With the proposed channel preprocessor, the number of logic gates for channel preprocessor is reduced by 20.2% compared with the conventional architecture.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- A. F. Naguib, N. Seshadri, and A. R. Calderbank, "Increasing data rate over wireless channel," IEEE Signal Process. Mag., vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 744-765, Mar. 1998.
- H. Sampath, S. Talwar, J. Tellado, V. Erceg, and A. Paulraj, "A fourth-generation MIMO -OFDM: broadband wireless system: Design, performance, and field trial results," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 143-149, Sept. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2002.1031841
- A.van Zelst, Tim C. W. Schenk, "Implementation of a MIMO OFDM-Based wireless LAN system," IEEE Trans. Signal Process, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 483-494, Feb. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2003.820989
- G. L. Stuber, J. R. Barry, S. W. McLaughlin, Y. Li, M. A. Ingram, and T. H. Pratt, "Broadband MIMO-OFDM wireless communications," Proc. IEEE, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 271-297, Feb. 2004.
- C. Huang, C. Yu, and H. Ma, "A Power-Efficient Configurable Low Complexity MIMO Detector," IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 485- 496, Feb. 2009.
- M.K. Abdul Aziz, P.N. Fletcher and A.R. Nix, "A Study of Performance and Complexity for IEEE 802.11n MIMO-OFDM GIS Solutions", Communications, 2004 IEEE International Conference, vol. 7, pp. 3822-3826, June. 2004.
- Howard A. Anton and Robert C. Busby, "Contemporary Linear Algebra," Wiley, Press, 2002.
- G. Strang, "Introduction to Linear Algebra," Wellesley-Cambridge, Press, 2003.
- Y. Wang, H.M. Lam, C.Y. Tsui, R.S. Cheng, W.H. Mow, "Low complexity OFDM receiver using Log-FFT for coded OFDM system", IEEE ISCAS, vol 3, 445-448. 2002
- Swartzlander E.E. Jr., Satish Chandra. D.V, Nagle Jr. H.T, Starks. S. A, "Sign/Logarithm Arithmetic for FFT Implementation", IEEE, Trans. Comput., pp. 5236-534, June 1983.
- 김채현, 송유수, 김종환, 신경욱, "휴대형 3D 그래픽 가속기용 로그 수체계 기반의 누승기 설계", 대한전자공학회 하계학술대회 논문집, Jun. 2005