- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Selection of Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing's Program Using Multi-Criteria Decision Making: A Case Study in Electronic Company
- Sutapa, I. Nyoman (Industrial Engineering Department, Petra Christian University) ;
- Panjaitan, Togar W.S. (Industrial Engineering Department, Petra Christian University)
- Received : 2011.01.18
- Accepted : 2011.04.26
- Published : 2011.06.01
Nowadays, green purchasing, stop global warming, love the mother earth, and others that related to environment become hot issues. Manufactures industries tend to more active and responsive to those issues by adopting green strategies or program like Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing (ECM). In this article, an electronic company had applied 12 ECM Program and tries to choose one of those programs using 6 criteria, such as total cost involved, quality, recyclable material, process waste reduction, packaging waste reduction, and regulation compliance. By using multi-criteria decision making model, i.e. Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP), Technique for Order Preference by Similarity to Ideal Solution (TOPSIS), and Modified TOPSIS methods, the ECM Program 9 (Open pit) is the best option.
- Billatos, S. (2004), Green Technology and Design for the Environment, Oregon: Taylor and Francis, Ltd.
- Gupta, S. ( ), Environment Conscious Manufacturing, Oregon: Taylor and Francis, Ltd.
- IPCC, Climate change (2001), synthesis report, A Contribution of Working Groups I, II, and III to the Third Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge, UK: ambridge University.
- Kutz, M. (2007), Environmentally Conscious Manufacturing, New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Perry, C. (2003), Perry's Chemical Engineers' handbook. Singapura: McGraw Hill.
- Rao, R. V. (2008), Evaluation of environmentally conscious manufacturing programs using multiple attribute decision-making methods, Proc. IMechE 222 Part B: J. Engineering Manufacture.
- Saaty, T. (2001), How to Make and Justify Decision: The Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), Pittsburgh: RWS Publication.
- Saaty, T. and Vargas, L. G. (2001), Models, Methods, Concepts and Applications of the Analytical Hierarchy Process, Springer Publishing.
- Suryadi, K. (2002), Sistem Pendukung Keputusan, Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
- Theresia, A. M. (2009), Penentuan Program ECM Terbaik dengan Pendekatan AHP, TOPSIS, dan Mofifikasi Topsis di sebuah Perusahaan Elektronik, Final Project, Industrial Engineering Dept., Petra Christian University, Surabaya.
- Willis, R. (2000), Inter Company Comparison using TOPSIS with Objective Weight, Berlin: Spinger.