- Volume 11 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Nursing Intervention Studies on Patients with Breast Cancer in Korea
유방암환자 대상 국내 간호중재 연구 분석
- Choi, Kyung-Sook (Department of Nursing, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Kim, Mi-Sook (Intensive Care Unit, Kangdong Sacred Health Hospital) ;
- Lee, In-Ja (Department of Nursing, Konkuk University Hospital) ;
- Han, Sang-Young (Department of Nursing Science, Kangwon Tourism College) ;
- Park, Jung-Ae (Research Institute of Nursing Science, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Lee, Joo-Hyun (Research Institute of Nursing Science, Chung-Ang University)
- 최경숙 (중앙대학교 의과대학 간호학과) ;
- 김미숙 (강동성심병원 중환자실) ;
- 이인자 (건국대학교병원 간호부) ;
- 한상영 (강원관광대학 간호과) ;
- 박정애 (중앙대학교 간호과학연구소) ;
- 이주현 (중앙대학교 간호과학연구소)
- Received : 2011.01.06
- Accepted : 2011.01.12
- Published : 2011.02.28
Purpose: This study was performed to systematically review the recently published nursing intervention studies. Methods: The literature was identified through the Korean Education and Research Information Service (KERIS), the Korean Information Service System (KISS), and National Assembly Library websites. Key words such as breast cancer, nursing, and intervention were used. The factors analyzed are as follows: 1) the characteristics of studies and study populations, 2) the classification of interventions, 3) outcome indicators and their effects, and 4) effective interventions. Results: Thirty two studies were included. Seventeen studies used a single intervention such as aerobic dance, TaiChi, foot massage, aromatherapy, or a stress-reduction method. Fifteen studies used combined interventions, including education, exercise, counseling, support, yoga or meditation. The data on 47 outcome indicators and their effects were segregated into psycho/spiritual outcomes, stress coping, physical outcomes, cardiorespiratory function, symptom management, arm and shoulder functions, fatigue, and quality of life. Some interventions had positive effects on stress, fatigue, and functions of shoulder. Conclusion: Various interventions are available for breast cancer patients, and some have had positive effects. However, more studies are required to develop evidence-based practice guidelines for nursing interventions.
- National Cancer Information Center. National Cancer Statistics 2008. Available at: http://www.cancer.go.kr [accessed on 15 December 2010].
- Korean Breast Cancer Society Policy Committee. Breast Cancer Facts & Figures 2006-2008. Seoul:Korean Breast Cancer Society;2008.
- Oh PJ. An integrative review of oncology nursing research in Korea: 1998-2003. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2003;3:112-21.
- Park YM, Lee HY. Analysis of nursing research trend associated with breast cancer in Korea. J East West Nurs Res 2004;9:91-103.
- Park JH, Jun EY, Kang MY, Joung YS, Kim GS. Symptom experience and quality of life in breast cancer survivors. J Korean Acad Nurs 2009; 39:613-21. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2009.39.5.613
- Kim KH. Evidence-based nursing. Korean Nurse 2003;42:54-63.
- Rim HS. Meta-analysis on the effect of nursing intervention in patients with breast cancer. [dissertation]. Seoul:Korea Univ.;2007.
- Jun J. Analysis of researches on the warming therapy for surgical patients. J Korean Acad Adult Nurs 2010;22:260-70.
- Song, Y. Analyses of studies on cardiac rehabilitation for patients with cardiovascular disease in Korea. J Korean Acad Nurs 2009;39:311-20. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2009.39.3.311
- Song HH. Meta analysis. 2nd ed. Seoul:Cheong Moon Gak Publishers; 1998.
- McNeely ML, Campbell KL, Rowe BH, Klassen TP, Mackey JR, Courneya KS. Effects of exercise on breast cancer patients and survivors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. CMAJ 2006;175:34-41. https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.051073
- Rehse B, Pukrop R. Effects of psychosocial interventions on quality of life in adult cancer patients: meta analysis of 37 published controlled outcome studies. Patient Educ Couns 2003;50:179-86. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0738-3991(02)00149-0
- Collins RF, Bekker HL, Dodwell DJ. Follow-up care of patients treated for breast cancer: a structured review. Cancer Treat Rev 2004;30:19-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-7372(03)00141-5
- Altman DG, Schulz KF, Moher D, Egger M, Davidoff F, Elbourne D, et al. The revised CONSORT statement for reporting randomized trials: explanation and elaboration. Ann Intern Med 2001;134:663-94. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-134-8-200104170-00012
- McTiernan A, Ulrich C, Kumai C, Bean D, Schwartz R, Mahloch J, et al. Anthropometric and hormone effects of an eight-week exercise-diet in-tervention in breast cancer patients: results of a pilot study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 1998;7:477-81.
- Lee CM, Kim SM, Na SY, Lee NH. Effects of combined exercise training for breast cancer survivors in health related fitness, leptin and insulin. Exerc Sci 2008;18:225-38.
- Osborn RL, Demoncada AC, Feuerstein M. Psychosocial interventions for depression, anxiety, and quality of life in cancer survivors: meta-analyses. Int J Psychiatry Med 2006;36:13-34. https://doi.org/10.2190/EUFN-RV1K-Y3TR-FK0L