- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms of Acetyl-CoA Carboxylase α(ACACA) Gene on Carcass Traits in Hanwoo (Korean Cattle)
- Shin, Sung-Chul (Division of Animal Science and Resources, Sangji University) ;
- Heo, Jae-Pil (Division of Animal Science and Resources, Sangji University) ;
- Chung, Eui-Ryong (Division of Animal Science and Resources, Sangji University)
- Received : 2010.11.02
- Accepted : 2011.01.03
- Published : 2011.06.01
Meat production and quality traits in beef cattle are largely affected by genetic factors. Acetyl-Coenzyme A carboxylase-
- Abu-Elheiga, L., A. Jayakumar, A. Baldini, S. S. Chirala and S. J. Wakil. 1995. Human acetyl-CoA carboxylase: characterization, molecular cloning, and evidence for two isoforms. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 92:4011-4015. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.92.9.4011
- Arnyasi, M., E. Grindflek, A. Javor and S. Lien. 2006. Investigation of two candidate genes for meat quality traits in a quantitative trait locus region on SSC6: the porcine short heterodimer partner and heart fatty acid binding protein genes. J. Anim. Breed. Genet. 123:198-203. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0388.2006.00588.x
- Badaoui, B., J. M. Serradilla, A. Tomas, B. Urrutia, J. L. Ares, J. Carrizosa, A. Sanchez, J. Jordana and M. Amills. 2007. Goat acetylcoenzyme A carboxylase alpha: molecular characterization, polymorphism, and association with milk traits. J. Dairy Sci. 90:1039-1043. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(07)71590-4
- Barrett, J. C. and L. R. Cardon. 2006. Evaluating coverage of genome-wide association studies. Nat. Genet. 38:659-662. https://doi.org/10.1038/ng1801
- Bendixen, E. 2005. The use of proteomics in meat science. Meat Sci. 71:138-149. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2005.03.013
- Falconer, D. S. and T. F. C. Mackay. 1996. Introduction to quantitative genetics. 4th Edition. Pearson Education Ltd., Essex, England.
- Federica, S., N. Francesco, D. M. Giovanna, S. M. Carmela, C. Gennaro, T. Carmela and M. Bianca. 2008. Identification of novel single nucleotide polymorphisms in promoter III of the acetyl-CoA carboxylase-a gene in goats affecting milk production traits. J. Hered. 100:386-389.
- Gao, Y., R. Zhang, X. Hu and N. Li. 2007. Application of genomic technologies to the improvement of meat quality of farm animals. Meat Sci. 77:36-45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2007.03.026
- Haegeman, A., J. L. Williams, A. Law, A. Van Zeveren and L. J. Peelman. 2003. Mapping and SNP analysis of bovine candidate genes for meat and carcass quality. Anim. Genet. 34:349-353. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2052.2003.01008.x
- Mao, J., S. Marcos, S. K. Davis, J. Burzlaff and H. M. Seyfert. 2001. Genomic distribution of three promoters of the bovine gene encoding acetyl-CoA carboxylase alpha and evidence that the nutritionally regulated promoter I contains a repressive element different from that in rat. Biochem. J. 358:127-135. https://doi.org/10.1042/0264-6021:3580127
- Miller, S. A., D. D. Dykes and H. F. Polesky. 1988. A simple salting out procedure for extracting DNA from human nucleated cells. Nucl. Acids Res. 16:1215. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/16.3.1215
- Moibi, J. A., E. D. Ekpe and R. J. Christopherson. 2000. Acetyl-CoA carboxylase and fatty acid synthase activity and immunodetectable protein in adipose tissues of ruminants: effect of temperature and feeding level. J. Anim. Sci. 78:2383-2392.
- Moioli, B., F. Napolitano, L. Orru and G. Catillo. 2005. Single nucleotide polymorphism detection in promoter III of the acetyl-CoA carboxylase-a gene in sheep. J. Anim. Breed. Genet. 122:418-420. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0388.2005.00550.x
- Pannier, L., T. Y. Sweene, R. M. Hamill, F. Ipek, P. C. Stapleton and A. M. Mullen. 2009. Lack of an association between single nucleotide polymorphisms in the bovine leptin gene and intramuscular fat in Bos taurus cattle. Meat Sci. 81:731-737. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2008.11.014
- Ponce-Castaneda, M. V., F. Lopez-Casillas and K. H. Kim. 1991. Acetylcoenzyme A carboxylase messenger ribonucleic acid metabolism in liver, adipose tissues, and mammary glands during pregnancy and lactation. J. Dairy Sci. 74:4013-4021. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(91)78596-2
- Plastow, G. S., D. S. Carrión, M. Gil, J. A. García-Regueiro, M. Fonti Furnols, M., Gispert, M. A. Oliver, A. Velarde, M. D. Guàrdia, M. Hortós, M. A. Ruis, C. Sárraga, I. Díaz, A. Valero, A. Sosnicki, R. Klont, S. Dornan, J. M. Wilkinson, G. Evans, C. Sargent, G. Davey, D. Connolly, B. Houeix, C. M. Maltin, H. E. Hayes, V. Anandavijayan, A. Foury, N. Geverink, M. Cairns, R. E. Tilley, P. Mormède and S. C. Blott. 2005. Quality pork genes and meat production. Meat Sci. 70:409-421. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2004.06.025
- SAS. 2008. SAS/STAT Software for PC. Release 9.2, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
Travers, M. T. and M. C. Barber. 2001. Acetyl-CoA carboxylase-
$\alpha$: Gene structure-function relationships. J. Anim. Sci. 79(E. Suppl.):E136-E143.
Zhang, S., T. J. Knight, J. M. Reecy, T. L. Wheeler, S. D. Shackelford, L. V. Cundiff and D. C. Beitz. 2009. Associations of polymorphisms in the promoter I of bovine acetyl-CoA carboxylase-
$\alpha$gene with beef fatty acid composition. Anim. Genet. 41:417-420.
- Effect of the Fatty Acid Synthase and Acetyl CoA Carboxylase Genes on Carcass Quality in Commercial Hanwoo Population vol.53, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2011.53.5.389