- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Electrical Property Assessment System for Overhead Contact Lines
전차선로 전기적 특성 평가 시스템 구현
- Oh, Seok-Yong (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Park, Young (Electric Power Supply Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Cho, Yong-Hyeon (Electric Power Supply Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Ki-Won (Electric Power Supply Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Song, Joon-Tae (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University)
- 오석용 (성균관대학교 정보통신공학부) ;
- 박영 (한국철도기술연구원 전철전력연구실) ;
- 조용현 (한국철도기술연구원 전철전력연구실) ;
- 이기원 (한국철도기술연구원 전철전력연구실) ;
- 송준태 (성균관대학교 정보통신공학부)
- Received : 2010.10.06
- Accepted : 2011.04.26
- Published : 2011.06.01
Currently in Korea, the simple catenary type overhead contact line system is being applied to both conventional lines and high speed lines of electric railway, and circulation current flowing into the catenary system frequently bring undesirable consequences. Namely, the connector wire has many problems according to a flow of excessive circulation current and arc current on catenary when an electric train runs at high speed. This paper presents the development and application of a real-time data acquisition system designed to measure the electrical characteristics of an overhead catenary system in electric railways. The developed system is capable of storing data of a 25 kV power source in a live wire state through a telemetry environment. The field test results show that the proposed technique and the developed system can be practically applied to measure characteristics of current of an overhead catenary system.
Electric railway;Catenary system;Circulation current;Arc;Real-time data acquisition system
- B. S. Han, B. J. Choo, J. H. Chung, and N. H. Chae, Korean Rail Technology, 4, 14 (2005).
- J. Y. Han, D. C. Yang, H. S. Chang, J. S. Choi, and J. S. Kim, J. KIEEME, 16, 1210 (2003).
- H. S. Han and K. Y. Min, J. Korean Society For Railway, 816, 13 (2007).
- S. Y. Gwon, Y. Park, H. S. Jung, and H. J. Park, J. Korean Society For Railway, 12 (2005).
- F. Ladislav, Rail International, 16, 5 (1985).
- H. K. Na, Y. Park, Y. H. Cho, K. W. Lee, H. J. Park, S. Y. Oh, and J. T. Song, J. KIEEME, 20, 281 (2007).
- H. S. Jung, S. Y. Kwon, and Y. Park, J. Korean Society For Railway, 9, 237 (2006).
- IEEE Standard for Calculating the Current-Temperature Relationship of Bare Overhead Conductors, IEEE std 738-1993.
- J. R. Kim, S. Y. Kwon, K. W. Lee, and S. H. Chang (KIEE, Electrical Machinery and Energy Conversion Systems, 1st ed 2001) p. 401.
- J. K. Hwang, J. Korean Institute of Fire Sci. & Eng., 23, 7 (2009).
- Utilizing Technology in Measurement System for Catenary Current: - Focusing on Testing Results for Kyoungbu High-speed Line in Korea - vol.62, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.10.1465
- On the Implementation of an Advanced Judgement Algorithm for Contact Loss of Catenary System vol.63, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.6.850