- Volume 45 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on News Reporters' Information Seeking Behavior on the Web
기자직의 웹 정보탐색행위 연구
- Received : 2011.04.18
- Accepted : 2011.05.16
- Published : 2011.05.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the overall web information seeking behavior of news reporters and analyze its correlation with parameters that characterize information needs, preferred sources of information, information technology and internet use and satisfaction. For this purpose, a survey of205 news reporters working at domestic newspaper companies, including daily newspapers, magazines, and online newspapers was conducted. News reporters' primary purposes of seeking web information were to simply check facts and collect overall background information. Their information needs had close association with their position, media type, and familiarity with the internet, but with little association with gender, age, and reporting area.
- 권혜진. 1999. 인터넷을 활용한 취재보도에 관한 연구. 석사학위논문, 이화여자대학교 정보과학 대학원, 언론정보학과.
- 박일종, 백수연. 2001. 전자공학전공 대학원생들의 학술정보 이용행태 분석. 한국도서관․정보학회지, 32(3): 31-58.
- 이해영, 이수영. 2001. 인터넷 정보의 탐색, 평가 및 활용: 대학 이공계 연구자의 사례를 중심으로. 정보관리학회지, 18(4): 163-181.
- 장선화. 2005. 취재환경 변화에 따른 기자의 정보추구행태 연구. 한국문헌정보학회지, 39(3): 165-182. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2005.39.3.165
- 한국언론재단 편집부. 2007. 한국의 언론인 2007. 서울: 한국언론재단.
- Abdulla, Abdulnasir Taleb Mansoor. 2006. Technology and Internet-Realated Information Behaviors of Print Journalists in Kuwait. Ph.D. diss., University of Pittsburgh.
- Anwar, M. A., & Asghar, M. 2009. "Information seeking behavior of Pakistani newspaper journalists." Pakistan Journal of Library and Information Science, 10(1): 57-79.
- Anwar, M. A., Al-Ansari, H., & Abdullah, A. 2004, "Information seeking behaviour of Kuwaiti journalists." Libri, 54(1): 228-236. https://doi.org/10.1515/LIBR.2004.228
- Campbell, F. 1997. "Journalistic construction of news: Information gathering." New Library World, 98(1133): 60-63. https://doi.org/10.1108/03074809710159330
- Chinn, L. A. 2001. The Information Seeking Behavior and Needs of Journalists in Context. MSLS diss., University of NC at Chapel Hill.
- Davenport, L., Fico, F., & Detwiler, M. 2001. "How Michigan dailies use computers to gather news." Newspaper Research Journal, 22(3): 44-57.
- Edem, U. S. 1993. "Information needs and information seeking behavior patterns of journalists in selected Nigerian towns." Journal of Library and Information Science, 19(2): 1-14.
- Fabritius, H. 1999. Triangulation as a Multi-Perspective Strategy in a Qualitative Study of Information Seeking Behaviour of Journalists: Exploring the Contexts of Information Behaviour. London, UK: Taylor Graham Publishing.
- Garrison, B. 2001. "Online information use in newsrooms: A longitudinal diffusion study." Journalism: Theory, Practice, and Criticism, 2(2): 221-239. https://doi.org/10.1177/146488490100200206
- Harman, J. 1986. "Reuters: A survey of End-LTser searching." Aslib Proceedings, 38(1): 35-42. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb050996
- Herron, N. L. 1986. Information Seeking Behavior and the Perceptions of Information Channels by Journalists of Two Daily Metropolitan Newspapers. Ph.D. diss., School of Library and Information Science, University of Pittsburgh.
- Joseph, R. 1993. "How Indian journalists use libraries?" Information Development, 9(1): 70-75.
- Luge, T. 1999. Usage Patterns and Information Needs of Journalists on the Internet. M.S. thesis, University of Munich, Munich.
- Nicholas, D., & Martin, H. 1993. "End-user coming of age? Six years of end-user searching at the Guardian." Online Review, 17(2): 83-89. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb024428
- Nicholas, D., Martin, H., Williams, P., & Cole, P. 2000. "The impact of the internet on information seeking in the media." Aslib Proceedings, 52(3): 98-114. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000007004
- Poteet, A. R. 2000. Newspaper Journalists' Information Seeking Behavior with Online Information Sources, M.S. thesis, School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Vreekamp, H. 1995. "The information seeking attitudes of non-metropolitan journalists: A qualitative study of two communities and their primary and secondary sources." The Electronic Library, 13(1): 43-51. https://doi.org/10.1108/eb045335
- Ward, J., & Hansen, K. A. 1991. "Journalist and librarian roles, information technologies and newsmaking." Journalism Quarterly, 68(3): 491-498. https://doi.org/10.1177/107769909106800320
- Ward, J., Hansen, K. A., & Mcleod, D. M. 1988. "Effects of the electronic library on news reporting protocols." Journalism Quarterly, 64(4): 714-720.