- Volume 2 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Expanded Graphite Negative Electrode for Lithium-ion Batteries
- Yoo, Hyun-D. (Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering and WCU program of C2E2, Seoul National University) ;
- Ryu, Ji-Heon (Graduate School of Knowledge-based Technology and Energy, Korea Polytechnic University) ;
- Park, Seong-Ho (Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering and WCU program of C2E2, Seoul National University) ;
- Park, Yu-Won (Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering and WCU program of C2E2, Seoul National University) ;
- Ka, Bok-H. (Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering and WCU program of C2E2, Seoul National University) ;
- Oh, Seung-M. (Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering and WCU program of C2E2, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2011.02.13
- Accepted : 2011.03.09
- Published : 2011.03.31
A series of expanded graphites is prepared from graphite oxide by changing the heat-treatment temperature, and their lithiation/de-lithiation mechanism and rate performance are examined. A featureless sloping profile is observed in their charge-discharge voltage and dilatometry profiles, which is contrasted by the stepwise plateau-like profiles observed with the pristine graphite. With an increase in the heat-treatment temperature from
- T.D. Tran, J.H. Feikert, R.W. Pekala and K. Kinoshita, J. Appl. Electrochem., 26, 1161 (1996).
- S.S. Zhang, K. Xu and T.R. Jow, J. Power Sources, 160, 1349 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2006.02.087
- M. Fujimoto, Y. Shouji, T. Nohma and K. Nishio, Electrochemistry, 65, 949 (1997).
- K. Zaghib, F. Brochu, A. Guerfi and K. Kinoshita, J. Power Sources, 103, 140 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(01)00853-9
- W.C. Choi, D. Byun, J.K. Lee and B.W. Cho, Electrochim. Acta, 50, 523 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2003.12.070
- A. Nagai, K. Shimizu, M. Maeda and K. Gotoh, in Lithium-Ion Batteries: Science and Technologies, M. Yoshio, R.J. Brodd and A. Kozawa, Eds., Springer, New York (2009).
- T.F. Fuller, M. Doyle and J. Newman, J. Electrochem. Soc., 141, 1 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2054684
- M.W. Verbrugge and B.J. Koch, J. Electrochem. Soc., 146, 833 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1391689
- E. Matuyama, J. Phys. Chem., 58, 215 (1954). https://doi.org/10.1021/j150513a006
- Y. Matsuo and Y. Sugie, Electrochem. Solid State Lett., 1, 204 (1998).
- Y. Matsuo and Y. Sugie, J. Electrochem. Soc., 146, 2011 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1391883
- S.B. Yang, H.H. Song and X.H. Chen, Electrochem. Commun., 8, 137 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elecom.2005.10.035
- W.S. Hummers and R.E. Offeman, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 80, 1339 (1958). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja01539a017
- B.H. Ka and S.M. Oh, J. Electrochem. Soc., 155, A685 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2953525
- L.J. van der Pauw, Philips Technical Review, 20, 220 (1958).
- T. Kim, S. Park and S.M. Oh, J. Electrochem. Soc., 154, A1112 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2790282
- S. Park, T. Kim and S.M. Oh, Electrochem. Solid State Lett., 10, A142 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2717365
- T. Zheng, J.S. Xue and J.R. Dahn, Chem. Mater., 8, 389 (1996). https://doi.org/10.1021/cm950304y
- M. Hahn, H. Buqa, P.W. Ruch, D. Goers, M.E. Spahr, J. Ufheil, P. Novak and R. Kotz, Electrochem. Solid State Lett., 11, A151 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2940573
- Li[Li0.2Ni0.16Mn0.56Co0.08]O2 nanoparticles prepared using a surfactant modified combustion method vol.32, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10832-014-9905-5
- Effects of Interlayer Distance and van der Waals Energy on Electrochemical Activation of Partially Reduced Graphite Oxide vol.173, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2015.05.113
- Suppression of interface reaction of LiCoO2 thin films by Al2O3-coating vol.29, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10832-012-9732-5
- Expanded graphite embedded with aluminum nanoparticles as superior thermal conductivity anodes for high-performance lithium-ion batteries vol.6, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1038/srep33833
- Investigation of mechanochemical green synthesis of exfoliated graphite nano-platelets on conductivity and its nonlinear properties based on zinc oxide vol.29, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-017-8382-4
- Synthesis of nanostructured Li2MnSiO4/C using a microwave assisted sol–gel process with water as a base solvent vol.31, pp.1-2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10832-013-9842-8
- Multi-scale investigation of thickness changes in a commercial pouch type lithium-ion battery vol.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2016.01.006
- Mechanochemical green synthesis of exfoliated graphite at room temperature and investigation of its nonlinear properties based zinc oxide composite varistors vol.28, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-016-6130-9
- Strain Propagation in Lithium-Ion Batteries from the Crystal Structure to the Electrode Level vol.163, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1149/2.0431608jes