- Volume 36 Issue 1
Evaluation of Response Functions for Activation Foil-based Bonner Spheres
중성자 방사화 포일 기반 보너구 반응함수 계산 방법
- Kim, Jung-Ho (Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science) ;
- Park, Hyeon-Seo (Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science)
- Received : 2011.02.16
- Accepted : 2011.03.02
- Published : 2011.03.30
Activation foil-based Bonner sphere spheres are used to obtain neutron energy spectra of nuclear power plants or accelerator-produced neutrons. The position and the foil mass dependence of response functions should be studied carefully before measurement of Bonner spheres. This study showed that the normal incidence to the foil surface made a large shift of responses while parallel and isotropic incidence made no position dependence. The correlation between foil mass and response was not linear. Therefore, the response functions of activation-foil based Bonner spheres should be calculated for every different foil mass and the direction of Bonner spheres for parallel incidence will be preferred for radioactive neutron source or accelerator target produced neutrons.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Alevra AV, Thomas DJ. Neutron Spectrometry in mixed fields: Multisphere spectrometer. Rad. Prot. Dosim. 2003;107:37-72. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.rpd.a006388
- Reginatto M, Goldhagen P, Neumann S. Spectrum unfolding, sensitivity analysis and propagation of uncertainties with the maximum entropy deconvolution code MAXED. Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 2002;476:242-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9002(01)01439-5
- Thomas DJ, Bardell AG, Macaulay EM. Characterisation of a gold foil-based Bonner sphere set and measurements of neutron spectra at a medical acceleraor. Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 2002;476:31-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-9002(01)01384-5
- Bedogni R, Esposito A, Gentile A, Angelone M, Gualdrini G. Determination and validation of a response matrix for a passive Bonner sphere spectrometer based on gold foils. Rad. Meas. 2008;43:1104-1107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radmeas.2007.11.016
- McKinney GW, Durkee JW, Hendricks JS, James MR, Pelowitz DB, Waters LS, Gallmeier FX. MCNPX Overview. LA-UR-06-6206, Proceedings of the 2006 HSSW, FNAL, IL, 2006.