- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effects of the Handle Width, Height and Horizontal Angle on the Pushing, Lifting and Twisting Forces Required for the Handling of Barrows
손잡이 너비, 높이, 수평 각도가 손수레 운전에 필요한 밀기, 들기, 회전 힘에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Kyoung-Ah (Department of Occupational Health, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Lee, Ho-Cheol (School of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Song, Young-Woong (Department of Occupational Health, Catholic University of Daegu)
- Received : 2010.12.20
- Accepted : 2011.02.01
- Published : 2011.02.28
This study evaluated the effects of the handle width(shoulder width, 1.25
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- S. Kumar, "Development of Predictive Equations for Lifting Strengths", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 26, pp. 327-341, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-6870(95)00037-2
- W.E. Hoogendoorn, M.N.M. van Poppel, P.M. Borgers, B.W. Koes and L.M. Bouter, "Physical Load during Work and Leisure Time as Risk Factors for Back Pain", Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health, Vol. 25. pp. 387-403, 1999. https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.451
- J.I. Kuiper, A., Burdorf, J.H.A.M. Verbeek, M.H.W. Frings-Dresen, A.J. van der Beek and E. Viikari- Juntura, "Epidemiological Evidence on Meanual Materials Handling as a Risk Factor for Back Disorders: a Systemetic Review", International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol. 24, pp. 389-404, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-8141(99)00006-2
- M.J.M. Hoozemans, A., van der Beek, M.H.W., Fings-Dresen, F.J.H. van Duk and L.H.V. van der Woude, "Pushing and Pulling in Relation to Musculoskeletal Disorders: a Review of Risk Factors", Ergonomics, Vol. 41, pp. 757-781, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/001401398186621
- U. Glitsch, H.J. Ottersbach, R. Ellegast, K. Schaub, G. Franz and M. Jäger, "Physical Workload of Fligth Attendants when Pushing and Pulling Trolleys aboard Aircraft", International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol. 37, pp. 84-854, 2007.
- B. Das, J. Wimpee and B. Das, "Ergonomics Evaluation and Redesign of a Hospital Meal Cart", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 33, pp. 309-318, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-6870(02)00018-2
- C.L. Lin, M.S. Chen, Y.L. Wei and M.J.J. Wand, "The Evaluation of Force Exertions and Muscle Activities when Operating a Manual Guided Vehicle", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 41, pp. 313-318, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2009.08.005
- O.O. Okunribido and C.M. Haslegrave, "Effect of Handle Design for Cylinder Trolleys", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 30, pp. 407-419, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-6870(98)00053-2
- B. Laursen and B. Schibye, "The Effect of Different Surfaces on Biomechanical Loading of Shoulder and Lumbar Spine during Pushing and Pulling of Two-Wheeled Containers", Applied Ergonomics, Vol. 33, pp. 167-174, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-6870(01)00054-0
- M.C. Jung, J.M. Haight, A. Freivalds, "Pushing and Pulling Carts and Two-Wheeled Hand Trucks", International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol. 35, pp. 79-89, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ergon.2004.08.006
- S.R. Datta, B.B. Chatterjee and B.N. Roy, "The Energy Cost of Pulling Handcarts('thela')", Ergonomics, Vol. 26, pp. 461-464.
- S.S. Lee, Y.H. Kim, A.R. Choi and J.H. Mun, "A Study on Ergonomics Design of Wheelbarrow for Melon Farm on Protected Horticulture", Journal of Biosystems Engineering, Vol. 33, pp. 157-166, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5307/JBE.2008.33.3.157
- Y.H. Kim, "Development of an Ergonomics Vehicle for Melon Farm", Sungkyunkwan University M.S. thesis, 2007.
- Rural Development Administration, "Development of an Electronic Vehicle for Chamwoae of Protected Cultivation using Agricultural Ergonomics", Rural Development Daministration Technical Report, 2008.
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards, "Report of the Muscle Strength Measurement Project for Korean People", Ministry of Knowledge Economy, Korean Agency for Technology and Standards, 2007.
- S. Kumar, "Upper Body Push-Pull Strength of Normal Young Adults in Sagittal Plane at Three Heights", Int. J. of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol. 15, pp. 427-436, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0169-8141(94)00062-8
- A.D.J. Pinder, A.T. Wilkinson and D.W. Grieve, "Omnidirectional Assessment of One-Handed Manual Strength at Three Handle Heights", Clinical Biomechanics, Vol. 10, pp. 59-66, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0268-0033(95)92040-S
- H.K. Kim, "Comparison of Muscle Strength for Onehand and Two-hands Lifting Activity", Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, Vol. 26, pp. 34-44, 2007.
- C.H. Seong, D.C. Bae and S.R. Chang, "The Effects of the Posture and Handle Types on the MVC in the Box Lifting Tasks", Proceedings of the Korean Society of Safety 2002 Winter Meeting, pp. 371-376, 2002.
- D.B. Chaffin, G.B.J. Andersson, and B.J. Martin, "Occupational Biomechanics", 3rd Edition. New York: John Wiley &. Sons Inc., 1999.
- M.P. de Looze, K. van Greuningen, J. Rebel, I. Kingma and P.P.F.M. Kuijer, "Force Direction and Physical Load in Dynamic Pushing and Pulling", Ergonomics, Vol. 43, pp. 377-390, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1080/001401300184477
- K.A. Kim, H.C. Lee and Y.W. Song, "Development of the Static Muscle Strength Measurement System based on the Survey Results of the Single-Wheel Barrow", CD Proceedings of the KIIE 2010 Fall Meeting, 2010.