- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Cost Estimation of Accidents in Auto-Glass Manufacturing Process
자동차유리 제조공정에서 발생하는 산업재해의 손실비용 추정
- Lim, Hyeon-Kyo (Department of Safety Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Seung-Hoon (Department of Safety Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2010.08.27
- Accepted : 2011.01.07
- Published : 2011.02.28
Estimation of accident costs would set a sound criterion on which invest judgement for work improvement would be decided. Unfortunately, however, the professional agency and most companies in Korea still adopt the conventional cost estimation method based on Heinrich's theory would not be applicable any more since it was developed about a century ago. This research was carried out to confirm the validity of conventional accident cost estimation method. With 110 accident cases occurred in an autoglass manufacturing plant for last 7 years, post-accident treatment procedure was simplified as a model with several phases, and practical costs were analyzed case by case. The results showed that, as expected, the company should the largest portion of loss due to accidents, and that mean indirect cost were 10.10(
accident cost;accident type;direct cost;indirect cost
- 大關親, あたらしい時代の安全管理の すべて, 中央勞働災害防止協會, 2005.
- 西島茂一, これからの安全管理, 中央勞働災害防止協會, 1988.
- 鈴木英世, 事故を起こせばこんなに金が かかる-製造業の勞災事故判例ダイジェスト, 勞働基準調査會, 1992.
- Heinrich, H. W., Dan Petersen, P. E., Nestor Roos, D.B.A., Industrial Accident Prevention, 5th ed., New York, McGraw-Hill, 1980.
- Blake, R.P., Industrial Safety, 3rd ed., Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1963.
- 中央勞働災害防止協會, 安全對策の費用對 効果-企業の安全對策費の現狀とその効果の分析, 2000.
- 노동부, 2007년 산업재해현황, 산업안전 보건국, 2008.
- Bird, F.Jr., and O'Shell, H., Principles of Loss Control, International Safety Academy, Houston, 1972.
- Grimaldi, J.V., and Simonds, R.H., Safety Management, 3rd ed., Richard D. Irwin, Inc., Homewood, Illinois, 1975.
- 勞働省安全課監修, 新産業安全ハンド ブック, 中央勞働災害防止協會, 2000.
- Health & Safety Executive, The Costs of Accidents at Work, London, UK, 1993.
- Andreoni,D., The Cost of Occupational Accidents and Diseases, International Labor Office, Geneva, 1986.