- Volume 10 Issue 1
Decision Making Model for the Introduction of RFID by Food and Beverage Industry Using Logit Model
로짓모형을 이용한 식.음료업체 RFID 도입의사 결정모형
- Received : 2010.09.28
- Accepted : 2010.11.27
- Published : 2011.02.28
RFID is an important information technology that enables changes in existing methods of logistics. In this study, a decision making model for the introduction of RFID by domestic food & beverage businesses has been developed in order to enhance the efficiency of logistics activities. The general business states and effects expected from the introduction of RFID by SCM sector of 167 domestic food and beverage businesses were surveyed and based on the results, it was identified that generally positive answers were received. A decision making model for the introduction of RFID was derived and based on the results, it was identified that major influencing factors affecting the intention to introduce RFID were "the number of personnel" and "costs to introduce RFID".
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- S. Li, J. K. Visich, B. M. Khumawala and C. Zhang, "Radio frequency identification technology: applications, technical challenges and strategies," Sensor Review, vol.26, no.3, pp.193, June 2006. https://doi.org/10.1108/02602280610675474
- T. Mukhopadhyay, S. Kekre and S. Kalathur, "Business value of information technology: A study of electronic data interchange," MIS Quatterly, vol.19, no.2, pp.137-156, June 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/249685
- A. S. Bharadwaj, "A resource-based perspective on information technology capability and firm performance: An empirical investigation," MIS Quarterly, vol.24, no.1, pp.169-196, March 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250983
- B. Dehning, V. J. Richardson and R. W. Zmud, "The financial performance effects if IT-based supply chain management systems in manufacturing firms," Journal of Operations Management, vol.25, no.4, pp.806-824, June 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jom.2006.09.001
- P. Weill, "The relationship between investment in information technology and firm performance: A study of the value manufacturing sector," Information Systems Research, vol.3, no.4, pp.307-333, December 1992. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.3.4.307
- L. M. Hitt and E. Brynjolfsson, "Productivity, business profitability, and consumer surplus: Three different measures of information technology value," MIS Quarterly, vol.20, no.2. pp.121-142, June 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/249475
- J. H. Lim, V. J. Richadson and T. L. Roberts, "Information technology investment and firm performance: A meta-analysis," In: Proceedings of the 37th Hawaii International Conference on systems Science, pp.1-11, January 2004.
- A. Bharadwaj, S. G. Bharadwaj and B. R. Konsynski, "Information technology effects on firm performance as measured by Tobin's," Management Science 45, pp.1008-1025, July 1999. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.45.7.1008
- P. Kelle and A. Akbulut, "The role of ERP tools in supply chain information sharing, cooperation, and cost optimization," International Journal of Production Economics 93-94, pp.41-52, January 2005.
- C. Karoway, "Superior supply chains pack plenty of byte," Purchasing Technology, vol.8, no.11, pp.32-35, November 1997.
- T .Mukhopadhyay, S. Kekre and S. Kalathur, "Business value of information technology: A study of electronic data interchange," MIS Quatterly, vol.19, no.2. pp.137-156, June 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/249685
- E. Clemons and M. Row, "Information technology and industrial cooperation: the changing economics and ownership," Journal of Management Information Systems vol.9, no.2, pp.9-28, Fall 1992.
- E. Clemons, S. Reddi and M.Row, "The impact of information technology on the organization of economic activity: the 'move to the middle' hypothesis," Journal of Management Information Systems, vol.10, no.2, pp.9-35, September 1993.
- S. K. Vickery, R. Calantone and C. Droge, "Supply chain flexibility: an empirical study," The Journal of Supply Chain Management, vol.14, no.3, pp.16-24, 1999.
- K. Ashton, "Internet things-MIT, embedded technology and the next international revolution," paper presented at the Tag 2000, Baltic Conventions, The Commonwealth Conference & Events Centre, London, 2000.
- R. Bushnell, "RFID's wide range if possibilities," Modern Materials Handling, vol.142 no.1, pp.288A-K, January 2000.
- G. Chamberlain, Shopping become a 'smart' experience, available at: www.manufacturing.net/magazine/dn/archives/1997/dn0922.97/18f151.htm(accessed 27 October 2000)
- P. Hawkes, "Supertag-stock counting off its trolley," Sensor Review, vol.14 no.3, pp.23-26, September 1994 https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004237
- C. Milner, "How radio Tags benefit the retail and the shopper," available at: www.frontlinemagazine.com/rfidonline/(accessed 3 July 2000)
- J. Burnell, "Users will overcome many obstacles and implement RFID," Automatic ID News, vol. 15 no.5, pp.26, October 1999.
- F. Riso, "Intelligent chip technology-an RFID update, paper presented at the InTelligent supply Chain, CIES-The Food Business Forume," Hotel Okusa, Amsterdam, pp.4-5, October 2001.
- S. Kumar and E. M. Budin, "Prevention and management of product recalls in the processed food industry: A case study based in an exporter's perspective," Technovation 26, pp.739-750, May-June 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2005.05.006
- A. Regattieri, M. Gamberi and R. Manzini, "Traceability of food products: General framework and experimental evidence," Journal of Food Engineering, vol.81, no.2, pp.347-356, July 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2006.10.032
- Jiji Press English News Service, Wire feed. Tokyo, pp.1, June 2003.
- P. Kelle and A. Akbulut, "The role of ERP tools in supply chain information sharing, cooperation, and cost optimization," International Journal of Production Economics(93-94), pp.41-52, January 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2004.06.004
- 하오근, 박동주, 이강대, "일관수송용 파렛트의 RFID 도입에 따른 경제적 효과분석," 한국 ITS 학회 논문지, 제8권, 제4호, pp.73-83, 2009. 8.