- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Measurement of UV radiation of LED lighting
- Ku, Seong-Mo (FUJIlitech) ;
- Im, Jong-Min (Korea Institute of Lighting Technology) ;
- Yi, Chin-Woo (Dept. of Electrical Information and Communication Engineering, Hoseo Univ.)
- Received : 2011.01.17
- Accepted : 2011.03.22
- Published : 2011.03.30
Many countries and researchers in the lighting field have focused on the LED light source as a solution to energy savings and environmental pollution. The LED light source consumes less power, has a long life and is highly economical. It is vibration and shock-resistant, and environment friendly as well. But LED lighting has some problems. In particular, the photobiological safety of LED light sources is emerging as an issue. Ultraviolet radiation from the LED light source emitted directly to the human body over a long period of time is harmful. In this paper, UV radiation from white LED was measured. Finally, the LED light source emits UV radiation, but it is relatively small when compared to others.
- Lee Jin-woo, 'History of the Utilization of UV,' Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Oct. 2005.
- Anthony John Owen, 'Theory and Practice of Ultraviolet-visible Spectroscopy,' pp. 3-6, Yeongin Science.
- Kim Eung-sik, 'Impact of UV on Human Body and Its Stability,' Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Oct. 2005.
- Ji Cheol-geun, et al, Principle of Lighting Environment, Munwoondang, pp. 371-384, 2008.
- Han Jong-seong, 'Measurement and Analysis of UV Radiation,' Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Mar. 2005.
- CIE S 009.2/E, 'Photobiological Safety of Lamps and Lamp Systems,' 2002.
- Jin Sang-min, 'Development of Output Voltage Fluctuation-type, 1KW LED Power Supply,' Master's Thesis at Hoseo Univ., pp. 6, Dec. 2009.