- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Control of Fusarium Wilt of the Strawberry Caused by Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. fragariae of Solarization with Compost and Calcium Cyanamide Application
태양열 소독시 유기물과 석회질소 병행 처리에 의한 딸기 시들음병균 방제
- Received : 2010.11.10
- Accepted : 2011.02.23
- Published : 2011.04.30
Field experiments were conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of soil solarization at the Nonsan Strawberry Experiment Station, Korea in 2006 and 2008. In in vitro tests, exposure times to achieve an
- Bourbos, V. A., Skoudridakis, M. T., Darakis, G. A. and Koulizakis, M. 1997. Calcium cyanamide and soil solarization for the control of Fusarium solani f. sp. cucurbitae in greenhouse cucumber. Crop Prot. 16: 383-386. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-2194(96)00110-X
- Chellemi, D. O., Olson, S. M., Mitchell, D. J., Secker, L. and McSorley, R. 1997. Adaptation of soil solarizatrion to the integrated management of soilborne pests of tomato under humid conditions. Phytopathology 87: 250-258. https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO.19188.8.131.52
- Cho, C. T. and Moon, B. J. 1984. Studies on the wilt of strawberry caused by Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. fragariae in Korea. Korean J. Plant Prot. 23: 74-81.
- Choi, H. W., Chung, I. M., Sin, M. H., Kim, Y. S., Sim, J. B., Kim, J. W., Kim, K. D. and Chun, S. C. 2007. The effect of spent mushroom sawsust compost mixes, calcium cyanamide and solarization on basal stem rot of the cactus Hylocereus trigonus caused by Fusarium oxysporum. Crop Prot. 26: 162- 168. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2006.04.017
- Correll, J. C., Klittich, C. J. R. and Leslie, J. F. 1987. Nitrate nonutilizing mutants of Fusarium oxysporum and their use in vegetative compatibility tests. Phytopathology 77: 1640-1646. https://doi.org/10.1094/Phyto-77-1640
- De Cal, A., Martinez-Treceno, A., Lopez-Aranda, J. M. and Melgarejo, P. 2004. Chemical alternatives to methyl bromide in Spanish strawberry nurseries. Plant Dis. 88: 210-214. https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS.2004.88.2.210
- Ishikawa, R., Shirouzu, K., Nakashita, H., Lee, H. Y., Motoyama, T., Yamaguchi, I., Teraoka, T. and Arie, T. 2005. Foliar spray of validamycin A or validoxylamine A controls tomato Fusarium wilt. Phytopathology 95: 1209-1216. https://doi.org/10.1094/PHYTO-95-1209
- Katan, J., Greenberger, A., Alon, H. and Grinstein, A. 1976. Solar heating by polyethylene mulchiung for the control of diseases caused by soil-borne pathogens. Phytopathology 66: 683-688. https://doi.org/10.1094/Phyto-66-683
- Komada, T. and Fukui, T. 1982a. Solar heating in closed plastic house for control of soilborne diseases V. Application for control of Fusarium wilt of strawberry. Ann. Phytopathol. Soc. Japan 48: 570-577. https://doi.org/10.3186/jjphytopath.48.570
- Komada, T. and Fukui, T. 1982b. Heating with plastic-film mulching in the out-door field for control of Fusarium wilt of strawberry. Ann. Phytopathol. Soc. Japan 48: 699-701. https://doi.org/10.3186/jjphytopath.48.699
- Lodha, S. 1995. Soil solarization, summer irrigation and amendments for the control of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cumini and Macrophomina phaseolina in arid soils. Crop Prot. 14: 215-219. https://doi.org/10.1016/0261-2194(95)00014-D
- Nam, M. H., Jung, S. K., Kim, N. G., Yoo, S. J. and Kim, H. G. 2005. Resistance analysis of cultivars and occurrence survey of Fusarium wilt on strawberry. Res. Plant Dis. 11: 35-38. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2005.11.1.035
- Nam, M. H., Nam, Y. G., Kim, T. I., Kim, H. S., Jang, W. S., Lee, W. K., Lee, I. H., Kang, H. K., Park, Y. J., Choi, J. M. and Whang, K. S. 2009a. Compendium of strawberry diseases and pests. Chungnam strawberry association. 204 pp.
- Nash, S. N. and Snyder, W. C. 1962. Quantitative estimations by plate counts of propagules of the bean rot Fusarium in field soil. Phytopathology 73: 458-462.
- Park, S. W., Kim, J. T., Kim, J. J. and Kim, H. T. 2002. Sensitivity of Colletotrichum spp. isolated from red-pepper to sterol biosynthesis inhibiting-fungicides and their field fitness. Res. Plant Dis. 8: 239-244. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2002.8.4.239
- Pinkerton, J. N., Ivors, K. L., Reeser, P. W., Bristow, P. R. and Windom, G. E. 2002. The use of soil solarizartion for the management of soilborne plant pathogens in strawberry and red raspberry production. Plant Dis. 86: 645-651. https://doi.org/10.1094/PDIS.2002.86.6.645
- Pullman, G. S., DeVay, J. E. and Garber, R. H. 1981. Soil solarization and thermal death: A logarithmic relationship between time and temperature for four soilborne plant pathogens. Phytopathology 71: 959-964. https://doi.org/10.1094/Phyto-71-959
- Rotal Society of Chemistry. 1984. The Agrochemical Handbook.Unwin Brothers, Surrey, UK.
- Shaw, D. V. and Larson, K. D. 1999. A meta-analysis of strawberry yield response to preplant soil fumigation with combinations of methyl bromide-chloropicrin and four alternative systems. HortScience 34: 839-845.
- Stapleton, J. J. 2000. Soil solarization in various agricultural production systems. Crop Prot. 19: 837-841. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-2194(00)00111-3
- Tamietti, G. and Valentino, D. 2006. Soil solarization as an ecological method for the control of Fusarium wilt of melon in Italy. Crop Prot. 25: 389-397. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2005.07.002
- Winks, B. L. and Williams, Y. N. 1965. A wilt of strawberry caused by a new form of Fusarium oxysporum. Queensland J. Afric. Animal Sci. 22: 475-479.
- Yuen, G. Y., Schroth, M. N., Weinhold, A. R. and Hancock, J. G. 1991. Effects of soil fumigation with methyl bromide and chloropicrin on root health and yield of strawberry. Plant Dis. 75: 416-420. https://doi.org/10.1094/PD-75-0416
- Control of Soil-Borne Pathogens in Ginseng Cultivation through the Use of Cultured Green Manure Crop and Solarization in Greenhouse Facilities vol.24, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2016.24.2.136
Supported by : Rural Development Administration