- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Ecological Characteristics and Distribution of Rhododendron mucronulatum var. mucronulatum, R. dauricum, R. schlippenbachii on Mt. Changbai in China
중국 장백산(長白山) 일대의 진달래(Rhododendron mucronulatum var. mucronulatum), 산진달래(R. dauricum), 철쭉(R. schlippenbachii)의 분포 및 생태적 특성
- Kang, Gui-Ok (Department of Horticultural Science, Graduate school, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Xuan, Youngnan (Department of Horticultural Science, Graduate school, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Ahn, Young-Hee (Department of Applied Plant Science, College of Natural Science, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2011.03.04
- Accepted : 2011.04.11
- Published : 2011.04.30
The investigation was made about distribution and ecological characteristics of Rhododendron mucronulatum var. mucronulatum, R. dauricum and R. schlippenbachii on Mt. Changbai in China. The Ericaceae plants are known to be highly ornamental and easy to cultivate. The results of investigations are like followings. The plant species diversity was the highest in habitats of R. mucronulatum var. mucronulatum, followed by those of R. schlippenbachii and R. dauricum. R. mucronulatum var. mucronulatum community was found in the northwest exposure areas of 300m in altitude. Corylus heterophylla, Carex humilis var. nana, Atractylodes japonica species also grew in the R. mucronulatum var. mucronulatum community. R. dauricum communities were widely distributed in the west exposure areas of 1226-1860m above sea level. R. schlippenbachii populations were found in areas of under 300m above sea level, which has dry soil. But humidity of air was relatively high in the place. Artemisia japonica, Lespedeza bicolor and Dactylis glomerata were found around the habitats of R. schlippenbachii. Phalanx type of plants were dominant near the habitats of Ericaceae plants as 61%. Further, there appeared higher plant life totalling to 72 taxa comprising 54 species, 16 varieties and 2 forma with 31 families and 59 genuses at the whole survey area. Among these, Compositae plants excellent in resistance to environment was surveyed the most, accounting for 30.0%.
Ericaceae;Ecological characteristic;Population;Phalanx type
- 伊藤秀三, 1973, 植生硏究の方法と植生槪念 -植物社會學-, 共立出版株式會社, 東京, 103-109.
- 傅沛云, 1995, 东北植物检索表(第二版), 科学出版社, 中國, 223.
- 陳大珂, 溤宗緯, 1985, 長白山高山及亞高山植被. 森林生態系統硏究, 5, 49-56.
- Ahn, Y. H., Lee, S. J., Shin, G. M., Park, E. J., 2007, The vegetation and flora of village groves in Paengseong-eup, Pyongtaek City, Gyonggi-do Province, Korea. Kor. J. Env. Eco., 21, 515-525.
- Ahn, Y. H., Shin, K. M., 2006, The Flora of Vasular Plants and the Vegetation on the Tidal Flat in Jebudo(Island), Kor. J. Env. Eco, 20, 52-69.
- Ahn, Y. H., Lee, S. J., 2007, Ecological Characteristics and Distribution of Bupleurum Latissimum in Ulleung Island. Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 16, 751-761. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2007.16.6.751
- Braun-Blanquet, J., 1964, Pflanzensoziologie Grundzuge der Vegetationskunde.3rd ed. Springer, New York, 865.
- Bray, J. H., Curtis, T., 1957, An ordination of the upland forest community of southern Wisconsin, Ecol. Monogr, 27, 325-349. https://doi.org/10.2307/1942268
- Chung, B. S., Shin, M. K., 2002, Traditional herbal medicine dictionary, Youngrim Press, 998.
- Kil, B. S., Kim, Y. S., Kim, C. H., Yoo, H. G., 1998, The Vegetation Characteristics of the Upper Area of Timber Line in Mt. Paektu. Journal of Ecology and field biology, 21, 519-529.
- Korean Plant Names Index, 2010, http://www.nature.go.kr/kpni/.
- Lee, T. B., 2003, Coloured flora of korea, Hyangmoon Publishing Co., 599-601.
- Lee, Y. N., 2006, New flora of korea, Kyohark Publishing Co., 583.
- Lee, W. T., 1996, Lineamenta florae koreae, Akademi Publishing Co., 342.
- Mori, T., 1926, On the distribution of vegetation of Mt. Paik-Tu-San, Bunkyo-no-Chosen, 96-160.
- Pielou, E. C., 1966, The measurement of diversity in different types of biological collections, J. Theor. Ecol., 13, 131-144.
- Podai, J., 2001, SYNTAX-2000, Computer program for data analysis in ecologicaland systematic, Budapest, 53.
- Raunkiaer, C., 1934, The life forms of plants and statistical plant geography, Claerendon Press, Oxford, 632.
- Song, J. S., Sin, D. S., Lee, J. S., Kim, H. K., Eom, G. H., 2009, Synecological study of the forest vegetation on Mt. Boryeonsan, Chungcheongbuk Province, Kor. J. Env. Eco, 23, 66-77.
- Shao, G. F., Zhao, G., 1996, Forest cover types derived from landsat thematic mapper imageryfor Mt. Changbai area of China. Canadian Journal of forest research, 26, 206-216. https://doi.org/10.1139/x26-024
- Walter, H., Harnickell, E., Mueller-Dombois, D., 1975, Climate diagram maps, Springer, New York, 36.
- Yim, Y. J., Kira, T., 1975, Distribution of forest vegetation and climate in the Korean peninsular. I. Distribution of some indices of thermal climate, Jap. J. Ecol., 25, 77-88.
- Management Methods on the Growth Activation of Rhododendron mucronulatum Habitat in Mt. Biseul vol.16, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2013.16.2.105
- Ecological Characteristics and Distribution of Marshy Ericaceae on Mt. Changbai in China vol.22, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.11.1421