- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Numerical Simulation of Fluorescent Whitening Agents (DAS1) in Tokyo Bay
동경만 형광표백제 성분물질(DAS1)의 거동 특성 시뮬레이션
- Kim, Dong-Myung (Department of Ecological Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- 김동명 (부경대학교 생태공학과)
- Received : 2011.02.23
- Accepted : 2011.03.11
- Published : 2011.04.30
A three-dimensional ecological model(EMT-3D) was applied to DAS1 in Tokyo Bay. The simulated results of DAS1 were in good agreement with the observed values. The result of sensitivity analysis showed that photolysis coefficient and extinction coefficient were important factor for dissolved DAS1, and photolysis coefficient, extinction and POC partition coefficient for PAHs in particulate organic matter. Mass balance of DAS1 in Tokyo Bay was calculated by using the simulated results of EMT-3D.
- Hayashi, Y., Managaki, S., Takada, H., 2002, Fluorescent whitening agents in Tokyo Bay and adjacent rivers : Their application as anthropogenic molecular markers in coastal environments, Environmental Science and Technology, 36, 16, 3556-3563. https://doi.org/10.1021/es011352o
- Horiguchi, F., Yamamoto, J., Nakata, K., 2001, A numerical simulation of the seasonal cycle of temperature, salinity and velocity fields in Tokyo Bay. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 43, 7-12, 145-153. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0025-326X(01)00116-3
- Kim, D. M., Nakada, N., Horiguchi, T., Takada, H., Shiraishi, H., Nakasugi, O., 2004, Numerical simulation of organic chemicals in a marine environment using a coupled 3D hydrodynamic and ecotoxicological model. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 48, 7-8, 671-678. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2003.10.010
- Kramer, J. B., Canonica, S., Hoigne, J., Kaschig, J., 1996, Degradation of fluorescent whitening agents in sunlit natural waters. Environmental Science and Technology, 30, 7, 2227-2234 https://doi.org/10.1021/es950711a
- Managaki S., Takada, H., Kim, D. M., Horiguchi, T., Shiraishi, H., 2006, Three-dimensional distributions of sewage markers in Tokyo Bay water-fluorescent whitening agents (FWAs), Marine pollution bulletin, 52, 281-292. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2005.08.025
- Mills, W. B., Porcella, D. B., Ungs, M. J., Gherini, S. A., Summers, K. V., Lingfung, Mok, Rupp, G. L., Bowie, G. L., Haith, D. A., 1985, Water quality assessment : A screening procedure for toxic and conventional pollutants, Part 1. EPA-600/6-82-004a.
- Poiger, T., Field, J. A., Field, T. M., Giger W., 1996, Occurrence of Fluorescent whitening agents in sewage and river water determined by solid-phase extraction and high-performance liquid chromatography, Environ. Sci. Technol., 30, 2220-2226. https://doi.org/10.1021/es950593r
- Poiger, T., Field, J. A., Field, T. M., Siegrist, H., Giger, W., 1998, Behavior of fluorescent whitening agents during sewage treatment, Water Res., 32, 1939-1947. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(97)00408-9
- Poiger, T., Kari, F. G., Giger, W., 1999, Fate of fluorescent whitening agents in the River Glatt. Environmental Science and Technology, 33, 4, 533-539. https://doi.org/10.1021/es9804969
- Sinton, L. W., Finlay, R. K., Hannah, D. J., 1998, Distinguishing human from animal faecal contamination in water : a review, N. Z. J. Mar. Freshwater Res, 32, 323-348. https://doi.org/10.1080/00288330.1998.9516828
- Stoll, J. M. A., Ulrich, M. M., Giger, W., 1998. Dynamic behavior of fluorescent whitening agents in Greifensee: Field measurements combined with mathematical modeling of sedimentation and photolysis. Environmental Science and Technology, 32, 13, 1875-1881. https://doi.org/10.1021/es9709886
- Takada, H., Satoh, F., Bothner, M. H., Tripp, B. W., Johnson, C. G., Farrington, J. W., 1997, In Molecular Markers in Environmental Geochemistry; Eganhouse, R. P., Ed.; American Chemical Society: Washington, DC, 178-195.
- Takada, H., Eganhouse, R. P., 1998, Molecular markers of anthropogenic waste. In The Encyclopedia of Environmental Analysis and Remediation; Meyers, R., Ed.; Wiley and Sons: New York, 5, 2883-2940.
- Wong-Wah-Chung, P., Mailhot, G., Bolte, M., 2001, Title: 4,4'-Diaminostilbene-2,2'- disulfonate (DSD) behaviour : under irradiation in water. Decrease of its activity as a fluorescent whitening agent. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A-Chemistry, 138, 3, 275-280. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1010-6030(00)00400-7