- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Application of Macroporous Diatomaceous Earth Column for Residue Analysis of Insecticide Endosulfan in Herbal Medicines
한약재 중 살충제 Endosulfan의 잔류분석을 위한 Macroporous Diatomaceous Earth 컬럼 적용
- Hwang, Jeong-In (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Jeon, Young-Hwan (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Hyo-Young (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kim, Ji-Hwan (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Yoon-Jeong (Division of Herbal Medicine Research, Korea Food and Drug Administration) ;
- Park, Ju-Young (Division of Herbal Medicine Research, Korea Food and Drug Administration) ;
- Kim, Do-Hoon (Division of Herbal Medicine Research, Korea Food and Drug Administration) ;
- Kim, Jang-Eok (School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University)
- 황정인 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 전영환 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 김효영 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 김지환 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부) ;
- 이윤정 (식품의약품안전청 생약연구과) ;
- 박주영 (식품의약품안전청 생약연구과) ;
- 김도훈 (식품의약품안전청 생약연구과) ;
- 김장억 (경북대학교 응용생명과학부)
- Received : 2011.03.02
- Accepted : 2011.03.21
- Published : 2011.03.31
BACKGROUND: Because dried herbal medicines have many active ingredients, it is not easy to determine the residue amount after extraction, partition and clean up of pesticides from them. Especially, liquid-liquid partition method is consuming many times and solvents. Macroporous diatomaceous earth(MDE) column was used to replace the separatory funnel for liquid-liquid extraction with dichloromethane to analyze the endosulfan and its metabolite. METHODS AND RESULTS: The residue analysis method using MDE column instead of liquid-liquid partition for determining insecticide endosulfan and its metabolite in 4 dried herbal medicines was developed by GC/MS. As a result, the recovery rates of the pesticides in 4 herbal medicines were ranged from 80.3 to 93.5% for
Multiresidue analysis method;MDE column;Herbal medicine;Endosulfan;GC/MS
- Iijima, K., Saka, M., Odanaka, Y. and Matano, O. 1997. Multiresidue analytical method of pesticides by GC-MS : application of macroporous diatomaceous earth column and silica gel cartridge, J. Pest. Sci. 22, 17-26. https://doi.org/10.1584/jpestics.22.17
- Iijima, K., Saka, M., Odanaka, Y., Kato, Y., Takada, T. and Hosomi, M. 2006. Application of combination column of macroporous diatomaceous earth and graphitized carbon black for pesticide residue analysis, J. Pest. Sci. 22, 17-26.
- International Agency for Research on Cancer, 1987. Overall evaluations of carcinogenicity : An updating of IARC Monographs volume 1 to 42, United Kingdom, pp. 194-195.
- Klein, J. and Alder, L. 2003. Applicability of gradient liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry to the simultaneous screening for about 100 pesticides in crops, J. AOAC Int.. 86, 1015-1037.
- Kobayashi, M., Takano, I., Tamura, Y., Tomizawa, S., Tateishi, Y., Sakai, N., Kamijo, K., Ibe, A. and Nagayama, T. 2007. Clean-up method of forchlorfenuron in agricultural produts for HPLC analysis, J. Food Hyg. Soc. Japan. 48(5), 148-152. https://doi.org/10.3358/shokueishi.48.148
- Korea Crop Protection Association, 2010. Pesticides Use Guidelines for 2010, Samjeung press, Korea, pp. 47-1131.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration, 2009. Information for Production Region of Herbal Medicines in China, p. 1.
- Korean Society of Food and Technology, 2004. Encyclopedia of Food Science and Technology, Kwangil, Korea, p. 131.
- Lee, J.H., Shin, K.S., Jeon, Y.H., Kim, H.Y., Hwang, J.I., Lee, B.H., Kang, I.H., Kang, S.J., Kim, T.H. and Kim, J.E. 2010. Suggestion for establishment of temporary MRLs and safe use guideline of the organophosphorus insecticides in Jinpi, Korean J. Environ. Agric. 29(1), 66-71. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2010.29.1.066
- Oh, C.H. 2009. Monitoring of residual pesticides in herbal drug materials of Korea and China, Bull Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 82, 639-643. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00128-009-9649-0
- Qian, G., Rimao, H., Feng, T., Xiangwei, W., Xuede, L., Haiqun, C., Yanhong, S. and Jun, T. 2010. A multiresidue method for 20 pesticides in Radix paeoniae alba of Chinese herbal by gas chromatography with electron-capture detection, Bull Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 84, 779-783. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00128-010-9981-4
- Stajnbaher, D. and Zupancic-Kralj, L. 2003. Multiresidue method for determination of 90 pesticides in fresh fruits and vegetables using solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, J. Chromatogr. A. 1015, 185-198. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(03)01211-1
- Sicbaldi, F., Sarra, A. and Copeta, G.L. 1997. Diatomaceous earth-assisted extraction for multiresidue determination of pesticides, J. Chromatogr. A. 765, 23-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(96)00998-3
- Tseng, S.H., Chang, P.C. and Chou, S.S. 2002. Determination of butachlor and pencycuron residues in vegetables and rice: application of the macroporous diatomaceous earth column, J. Food Drug Anal. 10, 127-134.
- Tseng, S.H., Lin, Y.J., Lee, H.F., Su, S.C., Chou, S.S. and Hwang, D.F. 2007. A multiresidue method for determining 136 pesticides and metabolites in fruits and vegetable : Application of macroporous diatomaceous earth column, J. Food Drug Anal. 15(3), 316-324.
- Watanabe, E., Baba, K. and Eun, H. 2007. Simultaneous Determination of Neonicotinoid Insecticides in Agricultural Samples by Solid-Phase Extraction Cleanup and Liquid Chromatography Equipped with Diode-Array Detection, J. Agric. Food Chem. 55, 3798-9804. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf063140m
- Wong, J.W., Zhang, K., Tech, K., Hayward, D.G., Krynitsky, A.J., Cassias, I., Schenck, F.J., Banerjee, K., Dasgupta, S. and Brown, D. 2010. Multiresidue pesticide analysis of ginseng powders using acetonitrile-or acetone-based extraction, solid-phase extraction cleanup, and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry/selective ion monitoring (GC-MS/SIM) or -tandem mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS), J. Agric. Food Chem. 58, 5884-5896. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf903851h
- Wu, J., Wei, H., Sui, X., Lin, J., Wang, T., Fen, G. and Xue, Jian. 2010. Dynamic of carbendazim residue in panax notoginseng and soil, Bull Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 84, 469-472. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00128-010-9970-7
- Effects of lipids on analysis of residue pesticides in herbal medicines vol.57, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13765-014-4094-0