- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation and Characteristic Study of the Single Anaerobic Digestion from Piggery Slurry
돈분 슬러리를 이용한 단상 혐기소화공정의 특성연구 및 성능평가
- Park, Woo-Kyun (National Academy of Agricultural Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Jun, Hang-Bae (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Park, Noh-Back (National Academy of Agricultural Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kwon, Soon-Ik (National Academy of Agricultural Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Shin, Joung-Du (National Academy of Agricultural Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Hong, Seung-Gil (National Academy of Agricultural Science, Rural Development Administration)
- 박우균 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원) ;
- 전항배 (충북대학교 환경공학과) ;
- 박노백 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원) ;
- 권순익 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원) ;
- 신중두 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원) ;
- 홍승길 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원)
- Received : 2011.03.02
- Accepted : 2011.03.21
- Published : 2011.03.31
BACKGROUND: Disposal of slurry animal manure produced by an anaerobic slurry-type barn method is not easy since the animal slurry contain high moisture content which makes solid-liquid separation a difficult process. However, recently, the interest about anaerobic digestion process as an environment-friendly waste disposal method has gained a wide interest because it can treat highly organic matter contained by the piggery slurry, decrease the odor after treatment, and enable the effective recovery of the methane gas which is a valuable energy resource. The objectives of this study were to identify the solubilization characteristics and to improve the anaerobic digestion efficiency of piggery slurry through full-scale anaerobic digestion experiments. METHODS AND RESULTS: In a full-scale continuous anaerobic digestion operation, the adaptability of single anaerobic digestion and its digestion efficiency were also evaluated in the farm field. The actual pH range and alkalinity concentration of piggery slurry used during the operation were comparatively higher than the concentrations of pH and alkalinity in the digestion tank which were stable at 7.5~8.0, 4,008 mg/L (as
Full scale biogas plant;Methane production;Piggery slurry;Single Anaerobic digestion
- APHA, 1998. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, 20th ed., Washington, D.C.
- Bonmati, A., Flotats, X., Mateu, L. and Campos, E., 2001. Study of thermal hydrolysis as a pretreatment to mesophilic anaerobic digestion of pig slurry, Wat. Sci. Tech., 44(4), 109-116.
- Breure, A.M. and Van Andel, J.G., 1984. Hydrolysis and acidification fermentation of a protein gelatin in an anaerobic continuous culture, Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol., 20(1), 40-45 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00254644
- Bull, M.A., Steritt, R.M. and Lester, J.N., 1984. An evaluation of single- and separated-phase anaerobic industrial wastewater treatment in fluidized bed reactors, Biotechnol. Bioeng., 26(9), 1054-1056. https://doi.org/10.1002/bit.260260907
- Callaghan, F.J., Wase, D.A.J., Thayanithy, K. and Forster, C.F., 1999. Co-digestion of waste organic solids : batch studies, Bior. Technol. 67(2), 117-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-8524(98)00108-4
- Cavaleiro, A.J., Pereira, M.A. and Alves, M., 2008. Enhancement of methane production from long chain fatty acid based effluents, Bior. Technol. 99, 4089-4095.
- Fang, H.H.P., Chui, H.K., Li, Y.Y. and Chen, T., 1995. Effect of degradation kinetics on the microstructure of anaerobic biogranules, Wat. Sci. Tech., 32(8), 165-172. https://doi.org/10.1016/0273-1223(96)00021-2
- Frostell, B., 1982. Anaerobic fluidized bed experimentation with a molasses wastewater, Process Biochem., Nov/Dec, 37-40.
- Lattinga, G., Man, A.D., ven der Last, A.R.M., Wiegant, W., Frijins, J. and van Buuren, J.C.L., 1993. Anaerobic treatment of domestic sewage and wastewater, Wat. Sci. Tech., 27(9), 67-73.
- Lee, G.H. and Kim, J.S., 1999. Treating swine wastewater by anaerobic bioreactors, Korean J. Environ. Agric. 18(1), 54-60.
- Lettinga, G., van Velsen, A.F.M., Hobma, S.W., de Zeeuw, W. and Klapwijk, A., 1980. Use of the upflow sludge blank(USB) concept for biological wastewater treatment, especially for anaerobic treatment, Biotechnol. Bioeng., 22, 699-734. https://doi.org/10.1002/bit.260220402
- Markov, S.A., Bazin, M.J. and Hall, D.O., 1995. The potential of using cyanobacteria in photobioreactor for hydrogen production, Adv. Biochem. Eng. Biotechnol., 52, 59-86.
- Metcalf and Eddy, 2004. Wastewater engineering: Treatment and reuse, Fourth Edition, Mcgraw-Hill Inc.
- Park, N.B., Park, S.M., Choi, W.Y. and Jun, H.B., 2009. Methane production and nitrogen removal from piggery wastewater in the TPAD coupled with BNR process, Korean J Water Qual. 25(1), 18-25.
- Shin, H.S., Han, S.K., Song, Y.C. and Lee, C.Y., 2001. Performance of UASB reactor treating leachate from acidogenic fermenter in the two-phase anaerobic digestion of food waste, Wat. Res., 35(14), 3441-3447. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(01)00041-0
- USEPA, 1997. A manual for developing biogas systems at commercial farms in the united states, Ag STAR Handbook, EPA-430-B-97-015, US Environmental Protection Agency, Atmospheric Pollution Prevention Division, Washington, D. C.
- Van Lier, J.B., Tilche, A., Ahring, B.K., Macarie, H., Moletta, R., Dohanyo, M., Hulshoff Pol, L.W., Lens, P. and Werstraete, W., 2001. New perspectives in anaerobic digestion, Wat. Sci. Tech., 43(1), 1-18.
- William, P., Barber, M. and David, C.S., 1999. The use of the anaerobic baffled reactor(ABR) for wastewater treatment, Wat. Res., 33(7), 1559-1578. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(98)00371-6
- Young, J.C. and McCarty, P.L., 1969. The anaerobic filter for waste treatment, J. Water Pollut. Control Fed., 41, 160-173.
- Evaluation of Swine Wastewater Pretreatment Using Anaerobic Filter vol.37, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2015.37.7.418
- Effects of Antimicrobials on Methane Production in an Anaerobic Digestion Process vol.30, pp.3, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2011.30.3.295
- Study on Characteristics of Biogas Production and Liquid Fertilizer with Anaerobic Co digestion of Livestock Manure and Food Waste vol.44, pp.5, 2011, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.895