- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Growth and Soil Chemical Property of Small Apple Trees as Affected by Organic Fertilizers and Mulch Sources
비료원과 멀칭재료에 따른 사과 유묘의 생장 및 토양이화학성 변화
- Choi, Hyun-Sug (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science) ;
- Rom, Curt (Department of Horticulture, University of Arkansas) ;
- Lee, Youn (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science) ;
- Cho, Jung-Lai (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science) ;
- Jung, Seok-Kyu (Department of Medicinal Materials & Processing, Kyunghee University) ;
- Jee, Hyeong-Jin (Organic Agriculture Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science)
- 최현석 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 롬컽 (아칸소주립대학교 원예학과) ;
- 이연 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 조정래 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과) ;
- 정석규 (경희대학교 한방재료 가공학과) ;
- 지형진 (국립농업과학원 유기농업과)
- Received : 2010.11.19
- Accepted : 2011.03.10
- Published : 2011.03.31
BACKGROUND: This study was conducted to evaluate the effects of the fertilizer sources and ground cover mulches on nutrient release, growth, and photosynthesis in small one-year-old apple (Malus
- Bramlage, W., 1994. Physiological role of calcium in fruit, in: Peterson, B., Stevens, R.G. (Eds), Tree fruit nutrition: A comprehensive manual of deciduous tree fruit nutrient needs, Good Fruit Grower, Yakima, USA, pp. 101-107.
- Chalker-Scott, L., 2007. Impact of mulches on landscape plants and the environment - A Review, J. Environ. Hort. 25, 239-249.
- Choi, H.S., 2009. Effects of different organic apple production systems on seasonal variation of soil and foliar nutrient concentration, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Arkansas, USA.
- Choi, H.S., Rom, C.R., Gu, M., 2011a. Effects of different organic apple production systems on seasonal nutrient variations of soil and leaf, Sci. Hort. In press.
- Choi, H.S., Rom, C.R., 2011b. Estimated nitrogen use efficiency, surplus, and partitioning in young apple trees grown in varied organic production systems, Sci. Hort. In press.
- Gale, E.S., Sullivan, D.M., Cogger, C.G., Bary, A.I., Hemphill, D.D., Myhre, E.A., 2006. Estimation plantavailable nitrogen release from manures, composts, and specialty products, J. Environ. Qual. 35, 2321-2332. https://doi.org/10.2134/jeq2006.0062
- Harris, R.W., 1992. Root-shoot ratios, J. Arboriculture 18, 39-42.
- Hartz, T.K., Mitchell, J.P., Giannini, C., 2000. Nitrogen and carbon mineralization dynamics of manures and composts, Hort. Sci. 35, 209-212.
- Koehn, A.C., Peryea, F.J., Neilsen, D., Hogue, E.J., 2002. Temporal changes in nitrate status of orchard soils with varying management practices, Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 33, 3621-3634. https://doi.org/10.1081/CSS-120015911
- Mehlich, A., 1984. Mehlich 3 soil extractant: A modification of Mehlich 2 extractant, Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 15, 1409-1416. https://doi.org/10.1080/00103628409367568
- NSSGA, 2009. Calcium carbonate - what is it, National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association, Alexandria, USA.
- SAS Institute, 2001. SAS/STAT User's Guide, Release 8.2, SAS Institute, Cary, USA.
- Schulte, E.E., Hopkins, B.G., 1996. Estimation of soil organic matter by weight loss-on-ignition, in: Magdoff, F.R., Tabatabai, M.A., Hanlon Jr., E.A. (Eds), Soil organic matter: Analysis and interpretation, Soil Sci. Soc. Am., Madison, USA, pp. 21-31.
- Shear, C.B., Faust, M., 1980. Nutritional ranges in deciduous tree fruits and nuts, Hort. Rev. 2, 142-163.