- Volume 28 Issue 2
Implementation of IEEE 1451 based ZigBee Smart Sensor System for Active Telemetries
능동형 텔레매트릭스를 위한 IEEE 1451 기반 ZigBee 스마트 센서 시스템의 구현
- Lee, Suk (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Song, Young-Hun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Park, Jee-Hun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Man-Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Chang (Department of Control and Instrumentation Engineering, Pukyong National Univ.)
- Received : 2010.07.07
- Accepted : 2010.12.02
- Published : 2011.02.01
As modern megalopolises become more complex and huge, convenience and safety of citizens are main components for a welfare state. In order to make safe society, telemetrics technology, which remotely measures the information of target system using electronic devices, is an essential component. In general, telemetrics technology consists of USN (ubiquitous sensor network) based on a wireless network, smart sensor, and SoC (system on chip). In the smart sensor technology, the following two problems should be overcome. Firstly, because it is very difficult for transducer manufacturers to develop smart sensors that support all the existing network protocols, the smart sensor must be independent of the type of networking protocols. Secondly, smart sensors should be modular so that a faulty sensor element can be replaced without replacing healthy communication element. To solve these problems, this paper investigates the feasibility of an IEEE 1451 based ZigBee smart sensor system. More specifically, a smart sensor for large network coverage has been developed using ZigBee for active telemetrics.
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- Park, S. M., "Technical trend of sensor network node platform & OS," Electronics and Telecommunications Trend Analysis, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 14-24, 2006.
- Chae, D. H., Han, K. H., Lim, K. S. and An, S. S., "Sensor network overview and technical trend," Korea Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, Vol. 22, No. 12, pp. 5-12, 2004.
- Lee, D. C., "Trend of telemetrics based power equipment status watching system," Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 28-34, 2007.
- Kim, J. H., Lee, Y. I., Hur, H. S. and Hong, Y. S., "An efficient transmission of sensed data in a telemetrics system," Korea Information Processing Society Spring Conference, pp. 1267-1270, 2005.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, http://www.ornl.gov
- Guo, C., Zhong, L. and Rabaey, J., "Low power distributed MAC for ad hoc sensor networks," Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 2944-2948, 2001.
- Vardhan, S., Wilczynski, M., Portie, G. J. and Kaiser, W. J., "Wireless integrated network sensors (WINS): distributed in situ sensing for mission and flight systems," Aerospace Conference Proceedings, pp. 459-463, 2000.
- Lee, W. B., Ro, T. H. and Bae, J. H., "Electronics and telecommunications policy of Japan: u-Japan," Collection of Society Science, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 183-211, 2006.
- Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute, "Telemetrics Industry Road Map," 2004.
- Lee, K. C. Kim, M. H., Lee, S. and Lee, H. H., "IEEE-1451-based smart module for in-vehicle networking systems of intelligent vehicles," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1150-1158, 2002.
- Song, E. Y. and Lee, K. B., "An interoperability test system for IEEE 1451.5-802.11 standard," Sensors Applications Symposium, pp. 183-188, 2010.
- Franzl, R. and Gurkan, D., "Implementation of an IEEE 1451.1 compatible multiple NCAP controller using labview," Sensors Applications Symposium, pp. 137-141, 2009.
- Gumudavelli, S., Gurkan, D. and Wang, R., "Emulated network of IEEE 1451 application with multiple smart sensor reports," Sensors Applications Symposium, pp. 304-308, 2009.
- Lee, J. G., Kim, M. H., Park, J. H., Lee, S. and Lee, C. H., "Implementation of IEEE 1451 based dual CAN module for fault tolerance of In-vehicle networking system," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 753-759, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2009.15.7.753
- Lee, J. Y., Kim, D. K. and Sin, S. W., "Trend of telemetrics industry and activated method," National IT Industry Promotion Agency Weekly Technology Trend, pp. 1-11, 2009.
- Song, E. Y. and Lee, K. B., "Understanding IEEE 1451-Networked smart transducer interface standard - What is a smart transducer?" Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 11-17, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/MIM.2008.4483728
- Wobschall, D., Stepanenko, A., Maykiv, I., Kochan, R., Sachenko, A. and Kochan, V., "A multi-port serial NCAP using the IEEE 1451 smart transducer standard," Sensors Applications Symposium, pp. 293-297, 2009.
- Texas Instruments, "CC2431 data sheet Rev. 2.01, SWRS034B," 2007.
- IntelliGrid Architecture Environments, http://intelligriad.info