- Volume 16 Issue 1
Similarity assessment of a CAD model is one of important issues from the aspect of model re-using. In real practice, many new mechanical parts are designed by modifying existing ones. The reuse of part enables to save design time and efforts for the designers. Design time would be further reduced if there were an efficient way to search for existing similar designs. This paper proposes an efficient algorithm of similarity assessment for mechanical part model with design history embedded within the CAD model. Since it is possible to retrieve the design history and detailed-feature information using CAD API, we can obtain an accurate and reliable assessment result. For our purpose, our assessment algorithm can be divided by two: (1) we select suitable parts by comparing MSG (Model Signature Graph) extracted from a base feature of the required model; (2) detailed-features' similarities are assessed with their own attributes and reference structures. In addition, we also propose a indexing method for managing a model database in the last part of this article.
- 조규갑, "Development of Production Control Information System for Multi-product, Small-lotsized Production," 한국경영과학회, 한국경영과학회지, 제10권 pp. 43-59, 1993.
- Hong, T. S., Lee, K. W. and Kim, S. C., "Similarity Comparison of Mechanical Parts to Reuse Existing Designs," Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 38, pp. 973-984, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2006.05.004
- Alexei Elinson, Dana S. Nau and William C. Regli, "Feature based Similarity Assessment of Solid Models," In Fourth Symposium on Solid Modeling and Applications, C. Hoffman and W. Bronsvoort, Eds., ACM, ACM Press, pp. 297-310, Atlanta, GA, 1997.
- David McWherter, Mitchell Peabody, Ali Shokoufandeh and William C. Regli, "Database Techniques for Archival of Solid Models," Proceedings of the Sixth ACM Symposium on Solid Modeling and Applications, pp. 78-87, 2001.
- Antonio Cardone, Satyandra K. Gupta, Abhijit Deshmukh and Mukul Karnik, "Machining Feature-based Similarity Assessment Algorithms for Prismatic Machined Parts," Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 38 pp. 954-972, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2006.08.001
- Kim, S. C., Lee, K. W., Hong, T. S., Kim, M. C., Jung, M. K. and Song, Y. J., "An Integrated Approach to Realize Multi-resolution of B-rep model," School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University, Proceedings of the Sixth ACM Symposium on Solid Modeling and Applications 2005, submitted, 2004.
- David McWherter, Mitchell Peabody, Ali Shokoufandeh and William C. Regli, "Database Techniques for Archival of Solid Models," In Proc. 6th ACM/SIGGRAPH Symp. on Solid Modeling and Applications, pp. 78-87, 2001.
- Dassault Systems, "CAA V5 Encyclopedia Online Document: Feature Modeler Overview", 1994-2004.
- 서영덕, "Parallel Processing of Multiple Queries in a Declustered Spatial Database," 한국정보과학회, 정보과학회 논문지, 제29권 pp. 44-57, 2002.
- Weiler, K., "Topological Structures for Geometric Modeling," PhD Thesis, Renssclaer Polytechnic Institute, August 1986.
- CADENAS, "PARTsolutions," http://www.part-solutions.com
- 문두환, 한순흥, "매크로 파라메트릭 방법론을 이용한 CAD 모델의 교환," 한국 CAD/CAM 학회, 학술발표회 논문집, 2001.
- 김용세, 강병구, 정용희, "계층적 특징형상 정보에 기반한 부품 유사성 평가 방법: Part 1 - 볼록입체 분할방식 및 특징형상 분할방식 이용," 한국 CAD/CAM학회 논문집, 제9권, 제1호, pp. 44-50, 2004.