- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Insulation Quality in Large Generator Stator Windings
- Kim, Hee-Dong (Member of the KIEE, Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) Research Institute) ;
- Kong, Tae-Sik (Member of the KIEE, Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) Research Institute) ;
- Ju, Young-Ho (Member of the KIEE, Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Byong-Han (Member of the KIEE, Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) Research Institute)
- 투고 : 2010.05.31
- 심사 : 2010.12.16
- 발행 : 2011.05.02
To evaluate the condition of stator winding insulation in generators that have been operated for a long period of time, diagnostic tests were performed on the stator bars of a 500 MW, 22 kV generator under accelerated thermal and electrical aging procedures. The tests included measurements of AC current (
- Hee-Dong Kim, “Analysis of Insulation Aging Mechanism in Generator Stator Windings”, Journal of the KIEEME, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 119-126, 2002.
- Hee-Dong Kim, “Assessment of Insulation Condition in Operating Large Turbine Generator”, Trans. KIEE, Vol. 53C, No. 6, pp. 324-329, 2004.
- R. Morin, R. Bartnikas and P. Menard, “A Three-Phase Multi-Stress Accelerated Electrical Aging Test Facility for Stator Bars”, IEEE Trans. on Electrical Conversion, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 149-156, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.866992
- Y. J. Kim and J. K. Nelson, “Assessment of Deterioration in Epoxy/Mica Machine Insulation”, IEEE Trans. on Electrical Insulation, Vol. 27, No. 5, pp. 1026-1039, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/14.256478
- K. Kimura and Y. Kaneda, “The Role of Microscopic Defects in Multistress Aging of Micaceous Insulation”, IEEE Trans. on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 426-432, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/94.395419
- Y. Ikeda and H. Fukagawa, “A Method for Diagnosing the Insulation Deterioration in Mica-Resin Insulated Stator Windings of Generator”, Yokosuka Research Laboratory Rep. No. W88046, 1988.
- H. Zhu, C. Morton and S. Cherukupalli, “Quality Evaluation of Stator Coils and Bars under Thermal Cycling Stress”, Conference Record of the 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Electrical Insulation, pp. 384-387, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/ELINSL.2006.1665338
- C. Hudon and M. Belec, “Partial Discharge Signal Interpretation for Generator Diagnostics”, IEEE Trans. on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 297-319, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2005.1430399
- Hee-Dong Kim, Young-Jun Lee and Young-Ho Ju, “Characteristics of Insulation Aging in Large Generator Stator Windings”, Trans. KIEE, Vol. 58, No. 7, pp. 1375-1379, 2009.
- Analysis of the Temperature Influence on Insulation Characteristics in High Voltage Motor Stator Windings vol.25, pp.10, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.10.786
- Analysis of Insulation Diagnosis and Failure in Stator Windings of Air-Cooled Gas Turbine Generator vol.2, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.18770/KEPCO.2016.02.03.421
- Characteristics of Insulation Diagnosis and Failure in Gas Turbine Generator Stator Windings vol.9, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.1.280