- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Harmonic Elimination in Three-Phase Voltage Source Inverters by Particle Swarm Optimization
- Azab, Mohamed (Dept. of Electrical Engineering Technology, High Institute of Technology, Benha University, Egypt. On leave to Yanbu Industrial College, EEET Department)
- Received : 2010.01.05
- Accepted : 2010.12.29
- Published : 2011.05.02
This paper presents accurate solutions for nonlinear transcendental equations of the selective harmonic elimination technique used in three-phase PWM inverters feeding the induction motor by particle swarm optimization (PSO). With the proposed approach, the required switching angles are computed efficiently to eliminate low order harmonics up to the
- F. G. Turnbull, “Selected harmonic reduction in static dc-ac inverters,” IEEE Trans. Commun. Electron., vol. 83, pp. 374-378, 1964. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOME.1964.6541241
- H. S. Patel and R. G. Hoft, “Generalized harmonic elimination and voltage control in thyristor inverters: Part I-harmonic elimination,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. IA-9, no. 3, pp. 310-317, May/Jun. 1973. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.1973.349908
- H. S. Patel and R. G. Hoft, “Generalized techniques of harmonic elimination and voltage control in thyristor inverters: part II-voltage control techniques,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. IA-10, pp. 666-673, Sep/Oct 1974. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.1974.349239
- J. R. Wells, et. al., “Modulation-Based Harmonic Elimination,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 336-340, Jan 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.888910
- V. G. Agelidis, et. al., “Multiple Sets of Solutions for Harmonic Elimination PWM Bipolar Waveforms: Analysis and Experimental Verification,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 21, no. 2, pp.415-421, March 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.869752
- R. A. Jabr, “Solution trajectories of the harmonicelimination problem,” Proc. Inst. Electr. Eng.-Electric Power Applications, vol. 153, no. 1, pp. 97-104, Jan. 1, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20050112
- J. N. Chiasson, et. al., “A complete solution to the harmonic elimination problem,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 491-499, Mar. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.823207
- F. Swift and A. Kamberis, “A new Walsh domain technique of harmonic elimination and voltage control in pulse-width modulated inverters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 170-185, Apr. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.223969
- T.-J. Lang, et. al., “Inverter harmonic reduction using Walsh function harmonic elimination method,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 971-982, Nov. 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.641495
- A. I. Maswood, et. al., “A Flexible Way to Generate PWM-SHE Switching Pattern using Genetic Algorithm,” IEEE Applied Power Electronics (APEC) Conf. Proc., Anaheim, California, USA, Vol. 2, 2001, pp. 1130-1134.
- A. Sayyah, et. al., “Optimization of THD and Suppressing Certain Order Harmonics in PWM Inverters using Genetic Algorithms,” Proc. of IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Control, Germany, Oct. 2006, pp. 874-879.
- K. Sundareswaran, et. al., “Inverter Harmonic Elimination Through a Colony of Continuously Exploring Ants,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Elect., vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 2558-2565, October 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.899846
- Mohamed azab, “Particle Swarm Optimization-Based Solutions For Selective Harmonic Elimination In Single-Phase PWM Inverters”, International Journal of Power electronics, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2010, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd- UK.
- M. Dorigo, et. al., “Ant system: Optimization by a colony of cooperation agents,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man, Cybern. B, Cybern., Vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 29-41, Feb. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/3477.484436
- M. Dorigo, et. al., “Special section on ant colony optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, August 2002.
- J. Kennedy , R. Eberhart , “Particle Swarm Optimization,” Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks (ICNN'95), Vol. IV, pp.1942-1948, 1995.
- Mohamed Azab, "Global maximum power point tracking for partially shaded PV arrays using particle swarm optimization", International Journal of Renewable Energy Technology, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 211-235, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd- UK , 2009. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJRET.2009.027991
- J. Hereford, M. Siebold, "Multi-robot search using a physically-embedded particle swarm optimization", International Journal of Computational Intelligence Research, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.197–209, 2008.
- Implementation of ANN-based Selective Harmonic Elimination PWM using Hybrid Genetic Algorithm-based optimization vol.85, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2016.02.012
- Training HMM Structure and Parameters with Genetic Algorithm and Harmony Search Algorithm vol.7, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.1.109
- Transformer Parameters Estimation From Nameplate Data Using Evolutionary Programming Techniques vol.29, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2014.2311153
- Artificial bee colony algorithm for inverter complex wave reduction under line-load variations 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/0142331216687019
- A Ripple Rejection Inherited RPWM for VSI Working with Fluctuating DC Link Voltage vol.10, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.5.2018
- Robust optimization approach to production system with failure in rework and breakdown under uncertainty: evolutionary methods vol.35, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1108/AA-05-2014-038
- A Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm With Novel Expected Fitness Evaluation for Robust Optimization Problems vol.48, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2173753
- Selective elimination of harmonic contents in an uninterruptible power supply: an enhanced adaptive hybrid technique vol.5, pp.8, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2011.0472