- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Algorithm on Optimal Placement Decision of Automatic Switches for 6 Sections/3 Links Configuration in DAS
- Lim, Il-Hyung ;
- Zhang, Wen-Hao ;
- Trirohadi, Hamsyah ;
- Choi, Myeon-Song ;
- Lee, Seung-Jae ;
- Ha, Bok-Nam
- Received : 2009.11.26
- Accepted : 2011.03.07
- Published : 2011.05.02
A Distribution Automation System (DAS) is operated by monitoring and control of the field statesusing Feeder Remote Terminal Units (FRTUs) installed together withautomatic switches.An optimal placement of automatic switchescan enhanceefficiencyof the operation and restoration, and improve the power supply reliability ofa DAS.This paper proposes an algorithm to decide the optimal placement of automatic switches ina DAS.The proposed algorithm was developed ona DAS witha six sections and three links configuration. The proposed algorithm was provided inaneight-feeder power distribution system.
Distribution automation system;Automatic switch;FRTU;Power distribution system
- A.M. Morega, J.C. Ordonez and M. Morega, "A Constructal Approach to Power Distribution Networks Design," Department of Electrical Engineering Politehnica University of Bucharest.
- M.-R. Haghifam, "Optimal Allocation of Tie Points Distribution Systems Using a Genetic Algorithm," Euro. Trans.Elect.Power 2004.
- C.-S. Chen, C.-H. Lin, H.-J. Chuang, M.-Y. Huang, and C.-W. Hung, "Optimal Placement of Line Switches for Distribution Automation Systems Using Immune Algorithm," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1209-1217, August 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.876673
- D. B. Kulkarni, G. R. Udupi, “ANN-Based SVC Switching at DistributionLevel for Minimal-Injected Harmonics”, IEEE Trans.on Power Delivery, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 1978-1985, Jul. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2010.2040293
- Ahmed E. B. Abu-Elanien, M. M. A. Salama, “A Wavelet-ANN Technique for Locating SwitchedCapacitors in Distribution Systems”, IEEE Trans.on Power Delivery, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 400-409, Jan. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2008.2002675
- C. Chen, C. Lin, H. Chuang, C. Li, M. Huang, C. Huang, “Optimal Placement of Line Switches for DistributionAutomation Systems Using Immune Algorithm”, IEEE Trans.on PowerSystems, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1209-1217, Aug. 2006
- Willis H., Power distribution planning reference book, New York, Marcel Dekker, pp 29-30, 1997.
- TuranGonen, "Electric Power Distribution System Engineering," McGraw-Hill International Edition, pp. 226-229.
- H. Khani, M.Moallem, S. Sadri, M.Dolatshahi, “A New Method for Online Determination ofthe Location of Switched Capacitor Banks inDistribution Systems”, IEEE Trans.on Power Delivery, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 341-351, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2010.2072994
- A. Moradi, and M. Fotuhi-Firuzabad, "A Reliability cost/worth approach to determine optimum switching placement in distribution systems," IEEE/Power Eng. Soc. Transmission and Distribution Conf. Exhibit: Asia and Pacific, Dalian, China, 2005.
- KEPCO, “A study on the configuration and the operation standard for distribution network”, 2002.
- An Optimal Composition and Placement of Automatic Switches in DAS vol.28, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2013.2239314