- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design of a generator control system for small nuclear distributed generation
- Yoon, Dong-Hee (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Jang, Gil-Soo (School of Electrical Engineering, Korea University)
- Received : 2010.11.30
- Accepted : 2011.04.08
- Published : 2011.05.02
Small-scale reactors have recently attracted attention as a potential power generation source for the future. The Regional Energy Research Institute for Next Generation is currently developing a small-scale reactor called Regional Energy rX 10 MVA (REX-10). The current paper deals with a power system to be used with small-scale reactors for multi-purpose regional energy systems. This small nuclear system can supply electric and thermal energy like a co-generation system. The electrical model of the REX-10 has been developed as a part of the SCADA system. REX-10's dynamic and electromagnetic performance on the power system is analyzed. Simulations are carried out on a test system based on Ulleung Island's power system to validate REX-10 availability on a power system. RSCAD/RTDS and PSS/E software tools are used for the simulation.
- Eckhard Shulz, “What's the importance of cogeneration”, www.sealnet.org, April 2006
- Abu-Khader, M. M. "Recent advances in nuclear power: A review.", Progress in Nuclear Energy, vol. 5, pp. 225-235, 2009
- Gian Luigi Berta, Alessandro Pini Prato and Luca Garbarino “Design criteria for distributed cogeneration plants” Energy, Volume 31, Issues 10-11, August 2006, Pages 1403-1416 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2005.05.022
- M.H. Chang, “Basic Design Report of SMART”, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, KAERI/TR-2142/2002.
- J. Kim, Y. Lee, H. Ahn and G. Park, "Condensation heat transfer characteristic in the presence of noncondensable gas on natural convection at high pressure", Nucl. Eng. Des., vol. 239, pp. 688-698, 4, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2008.12.011
- Hansang Lee, Dong-Hee Yoon, Gilsoo Jang, Jong-Keun Park and Goon-Cherl Park, "Study of the Design of Data Acquisition and Analysis Systems for Multi-purpose Regional Energy Systems", Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 5, pp. 16-20, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.1.016
- Dong-Hee Yoon, Sea-Seung Oh, Seongil Hur, Gilsoo Jang, “Influence of small-scale reactors on power system dynamics” WMSCI2006 conference proceeding, July 16-19, 2006, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Real time digital simulator manual (RSCAD version), RTDS technologies, September, 2006.
- P. Kundur, Power System Stability and Control. New York : McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- Gordon.J Van Wylen, Richard E. Sonntag, and Claus Borgnakke, Fundamentals of Classical Thermodynamics, 4thed. New York: Wiley, 1998.
- Behrooz Vahidi, Mohammad Reza Bank Tavakoli and Wolfgang Gawlik, “Determining Parameters of Turbine’s model Using Heat Balance Data of Steam Power Unit for Educational Purposes” IEEE transactions on power systems, Vol. 22, No. 4, November 2007.
- PSS/E 30, On-line Documentation, Power Technologies, inc