- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Experimental and Analytical Study of the Dynamic Behavior of a Polyurethane Spring Restoring Disk Bearing
폴리우레탄 스프링 복원형 디스크 받침의 동적거동에 대한 실험 및 해석적 연구
- Received : 2011.01.14
- Accepted : 2011.03.11
- Published : 2011.04.30
In this paper, the factors affecting the dynamic characteristics of a polyurethane spring restoring disk bearing are analysed to predict the dynamic behavior of the bearing. The prediction results and the test results are compared. The Young's modulus of the polyurethane spring, which varies according to strain of spring and the friction coefficient, of PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene), which varies according to the velocity and pressure of PTFE, are considered as the factors influencing the dynamic characteristics. W-PTFE virgin products are used and polyurethane springs are produced for the tests. The equation related to changing the friction coefficient and the modulus of elasticity are obtained through an inverse estimation of the test results. The estimation results, considering the factors affecting the dynamic characteristics, simulate the test results more appropriately than the estimation without the consideration of those factors.
- 심현해, 권오관, “PTFE-폴리이미드 복합 재료의 마찰과 마모 특성” 한국윤활학회지, 제11권, 제4호, 28-34, 1995.
- Biswas, S.K., and Vijayan, K., “Friction and wear of PTFE - a review,” An international journal on the science and technology of friction, lubrication and wear, Vol. 158, No. 1, 193-211, 1992.
- Dolce, M., Cardone, D., and Croatto, F., “Frictional behavior of steel-PTFE interfaces for seismic isolation,” Bulletin of earthquake engineering, Vol. 3, No. 1, 75-99, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10518-005-0187-9
- European Standard, EN 1337-2, 2000.
- Treloar, L.R., Hopkins, H.G., Rivlin, R.S., and Ball, J.M., “The Mechanics of Rubber Elasticity [and Discussions],” Proceeding of the Royal Society of London. Series A, Mathematical and physical sciences, Vol. 351, No. 1666, 301-330, 1975.
- Havinga, J.S., and Meij, S., “Engineering with Natural Rubber,” Natural rubber, Vol. 13, 2-3, 1999.
- AASHTO, Guide Specification for Seismic Isolation Design, 1999.
- RJ Watson Inc., Seismic Isolation Bearing Test Report, 2003.
- 한국도로교통협회, 도로교 설계기준, 2005.
- The Development of Mechanical Damper Using the Friction Pendulum Principle vol.28, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2015.28.4.361
- Seismic Responses of Seismically Isolated Nuclear Power Plant Structure Considering Post-Yield Stiffness of EQS Bearing vol.20, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2016.20.5.319