- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effective Partitioning of Static Global Buses for Small Processor Arrays
- Matsumae, Susumu (Dept. of Information Science, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saga University)
- Received : 2010.10.01
- Accepted : 2011.02.22
- Published : 2011.03.31
This paper shows an effective partitioning of static global row/column buses for tightly coupled 2D mesh-connected small processor arrays ("mesh", for short). With additional O(n/m (n/m + log m)) time slowdown, it enables the mesh of size
- V. K. Prasanna-Kumar and C. S. Raghavendra. “Array processor with multiple broadcasting,” J. of Parallel Distributed Computing, 4:173-190, 1987.
- T. Maeba, M. Sugaya, S. Tatsumi, and K. Abe. “Semigroup computations on a processor array with partitioned buses,” IEICE Trans. A, J80-A(2):410-413, 1997.
- R. Miller, V. K. Prasanna-Kumar, D. Reisis, and Q. F. Stout. “Meshes with reconfigurable buses,” In Proc. of the fifth MIT Conference on Advanced Research in VLSI, pages 163-178, Boston, 1988.
- B. Wang and G. Chen. “Constant time algorithms for the transitive closure and some related graph problems on processor arrays with reconfigurable bus systems,” IEEE Trans. Parallel and Distributed Systems, 1(4):500-507, October, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/71.80177
- T. Maeba, S. Tatsumi, and M. Sugaya. “Algorithms for finding maximum and selecting median on a processor array with separable global buses,” IEICE Trans. A, J72-A(6):950-958, 1989.
- M. J. Serrano and B. Parhami. “Optimal architectures and algorithms for mesh-connected parallel computers with separable row/column buses,” IEEE Trans. Parallel and Distributed Systems, 4(10):1073-1080, October, 1993.
- S. Matsumae and N. Tokura. “Simulating a mesh with separable buses,” Transactions of Information Processing Society of Japan, 40(10):3706-3714, 1999.
- R. Vaidyanathan and J. L. Trahan. Dynamic Reconfiguration. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2004.
- T. Maeba, M. Sugaya, S. Tatsumi, and K. Abe. “An influence of propagation delays on the computing performance in a processor array with separable buses,” IEICE Trans. A, J78- (4):523-526, 1995.
- S. Matsumae. “Polylogarithmic time simulation of reconfigurable row/column buses by static buses,” In Proc. of IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS2010), 2010.
- S. Matsumae. “Tight bounds on the simulation of meshes with dynamically reconfigurable row/column buses by meshes with statically partitioned buses,” J. of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 66(10):1338-1346, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpdc.2006.04.008
- Y. Ben-Asher, D. Gordon, and A. Schuster, “Efficient self-simulation algorithms for reconfigurable arrays,” J. of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 30(1):1-22, October, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1006/jpdc.1995.1122
- S. Matsumae and N. Tokura. “Simulation algorithms among enhanced mesh models,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, E82-D(10):1324-1337, 1999.