- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on Statecharts-based Progressive Behavior LOD Model for Virtual Objects
가상 객체를 위한 스테이트챠트 기반의 점진적인 행위 LOD 모델 연구
- Received : 2011.04.07
- Accepted : 2011.06.15
- Published : 2011.06.30
This paper introduces a Statecharts-based progressive behavior LOD model for computer games and virtual reality systems. In order to use computing resources efficiently and generate an LOD model having arbitrary complexity, we defined a progressive behavior LOD model which including a Statecharts-based specification process, refinement operations, a switching policy, and an LOD selection policy. Additionally, in order to show the possibility of the proposed approach, we demonstrate an example of progressive LOD models by illustrating a step-by-step design of a virtual vehicle.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- H. Hoppe, "Progressive meshes," Proceedings of the 23rd annual conference on Computer Graphics and interactive techniques, pp. 99-108, 1996.
- H. Hoppe, "Smooth View-Dependent Level-of-Detai l Control and Its Application to Terrain Rendering," Ninth IEEE Visualization, pp. 35-42, 1998.
- C. Prince, "Progressive Meshes for Large Models of Arbitrary Topology," Master's thesis, University of Washington, 2000.
- J. Kim, S. Lee, and L. Kobbelt, "View-dependent Stre aming of Progressive Meshies," Shape Modeling International 2004, pp. 209-220, 2004.
- D. Harel, On Visual Formalism, Communication of ACM, 31(5), pp. 514-530, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1145/42411.42414
- J. Seo, "A Structured Methodology for Virtual Reality Systems Development and Interactive Support To ols", PhD thesis, Postech, 2005.
- D. A. Carlson and J. K. Hodgins, "Simulation Levels of Detail for Real-time Animation," Proceedings of Graphics Interface 1997, pp. 1-8, 1997.
- O. C. Cordeiro et al, "Concurrency on social forces simulation model," First International Workshop on Crowd Simulation, 2005.
- N. Pelechano et al, "Crowd simulation incorporating agent psychological models, roles and communicatio n," First International Workshop on Crowd Simulati on, 2005.
- S. R. Musse, and D. Thalmann, "A model of human crowd behavior: Group inter-relationship and collisi on detection analysis," Computer Animation and Simulation, 1997.
- C. O'Sullivan et al., "Levels of Detail for Crowds and Groups," Computer Graphics Forum, 21(4), pp. 733-741, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8659.00631
- C. Brom, O. Sery, and T. Poch, "Simulation Level of Detail for Virtual Humans," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4277, 1-14, 2007.
- J. Beaudoin and J. Keyser, "Simulation levels of det ail for plant motion," Proceedings of the 2004 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics symposium on Computer animation, pp. 297-304, 2004.
- D. C. Brogan and J. K. Hodgins, "Simulation Level of Detail for Multiagent Control," Proceedings of the first international joint conference on Autonomous agents and multiagent systems: part1, pp. 199-206, 2002.
- C. Gaskell and R. Phillips, "Software architecture of the executable graphical specification tool EGS," Software-Concepts and Tools, 16(3), pp. 124-135, 1995.
- Y. Adachi, T. Kumano, and K. Ogino, "Intermediate representation for stiff virtual objects," Proceedings of IEEE Virtual Reality Annual International Symposium, pp. 203-210, 1995.
- J. Willians and M. M. Harrison, "A toolset supporte d approach for designing and testing virtual environ ment interaction techniques," International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 55(2), pp. 145-165, 2000.
- J. Seo, G. J. Kim, "Levels of Detail(LOD) Engineerin g of VR Objects," ACM Virtual Reality Systems and Technology Conference (VRST99), pp. 104-110, 1999.
- S. Cook and J. Daniels, Designing Object Systems: Object-Oriented Modeling with Syntropy, New York: Prentice Hall, 1994.
- D. Harel and O. Kupferman, "On the inheritance of state-based object behavior," tech. rep., the Belfer Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, 199 9.
- HSM(Hierarchical State Machine) based LOD AI for Computer GamesS vol.14, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2013.14.2.143