- Volume 19 Issue 2
Hydropneumatic Modeling and Dynamic Characteristic Analysis of a Heavy Truck Semi-active Cabin Air Suspension System
대형 트럭 반능동형 캐빈 공기 현가시스템의 유공압 모델링 및 동특성 해석
- Lee, Kwang-Heon (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kunsan National University) ;
- Jeong, Heon-Sul (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kunsan National University)
- Received : 2010.03.17
- Accepted : 2010.08.16
- Published : 2011.03.01
In this paper, a hydropneumatic modeling and dynamic analysis of a heavy truck semi-active cabin air suspension system is presented. Semi-active cabin air suspension system improves driver's ride comfort by controlling the damping characteristics in accordance with driving situation. So it can reduce vibration between truck frame and cabin. Semi-active cabin air suspension system is consist of air spring, leveling valve and CDC shock absorber, and full cabin system are mathematically modelled using AMESim software. Simulation results of components and full cabin system are compared with experimental data of components and test results of a cabin using 6 axis simulation table. It is found that the simulation results are in good agreements with test results, and the hydropneumatic model can be used well to predict dynamic characterics of heavy truck semi-active cabin air suspension system.
- I. D. Moon and C. Y. Oh, "A Study on the Estimation of the Ride Quality of a Large-sized Truck Using a Computer Model," Transactions of the KSME, Vol.25, No.12, pp.2048-2055, 2001.
- IMAGINE S.A. Corporation
- H. W. Shin, G. J. Choi, K. H. Lee, H. Y. Ko and G. J. Cho, "Hydropneumatic Modeling and Analysis of a Heavy Truck Cabin Air Suspension System," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.16, No.4, pp.128-134, 2008.
- G. J. Choi, K. H. Hoh, Y. M. Yoo and H. Kim, "A Strategy to Evaluate Semi-active Suspnsion System Using Real-time Hardware-in-the-loop Simulation," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.9, No.6, pp.186-194, 2001.
- J. S. Lee, G. J. Choi and K. H. Lee, "Ride Performance Evaluation of a Heavy Truck Semi-active Cabin Air Suspension System," Transactions of KSAE Vol.16, No.5, pp.77-83, 2008.
- T. H. Kim and E. J. Choi, "A Study on the Simulation Based Design Approach for Pneumatic Control System with Anti-leakage," Autumn Conference Proceedings of KSPE, pp.488-491, 2001.
- H. S. park, E. G. Lim and Y. P. Park, "Air-spring with Dual Spring Rates for Vehicle Suspension," Autumn Conference Proceedings of KSAE, pp.878-883, 1998.
- C. T. Lee, D. H. Kwak, B. H. Jung and J. K. Lee, "A Study on the Nonlinear Dynamic Modeling and Analysis of Damping Force Characteristics of Automotive Shock Absorber," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.11, No.1, pp.104-111, 2003.
- H. D. Hong, H. C. Son and K. S. Hong, "Modeling and Dynamic Characteristics Analysis of a Continuously Variable Damper with Electro- Hydraulic Pressure Control Valve," KACC, 1225-9845, Vol.8, No.2, pp.158-166, 2002.
- Y. H. Yoon, M. J. Choi and S. M. Yoo, "A Study on the Tuning Parameter of Continuous Variable Valve for Reverse Continuous Damper," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.10, No.3, pp.192-200, 2002.
- J. W. Park, D. L. Lee and W. K. Baek, "Damping Performance Analysis for an Electronically Controlled Shock Absorber," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.9, No.2, pp.192-201, 2001.
- B. H. Kwak and Y. G. Park, "Modal Sky Hook Damper for Active Suspension Control," Transactions of KSAE, Vol.3, No.4, pp.1-11, 1995.