- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Characteristics of Growth, Yield and Quality of Rice(Oryza sativa L.) on the Basis of Pot Seedling Raising Method in Eco-friendly Agriculture
유기농 쌀 생산을 위한 벼 포트육묘 이앙재배의 생육특성
- Kwon, Young-Rip ;
- Choi, In-Young ;
- Moon, Young-Hun ;
- Seo, Kyoung-Won ;
- Sharma, Praveen Kumar ;
- Kim, Dae-Hyang
- Received : 2011.08.25
- Accepted : 2011.09.23
- Published : 2011.09.30
BACKGROUND: The present study was conducted to find out the suitable method for organic rice production on the basis of different seedling raising methods at nine eco-friendly agricultural units of Samgi, Mangsung, Iksan and Sungsan, Gusan of Jeollabuk-do, during 2009-10. METHODS AND RESULTS: On the basis of yield and physiological parameters, pot seeding method was found to be superior to drill seeding and broadcast seeding methods. The number of panicle, grain, the precent of ripened grains, and the 1,000 grain weight, were better in pot seeding method. Maximum yield and other attributes were recorded in rice, cultivated with seedlings raised by pot and broadcast seeding method. Number of panicle/hill and grain/panicle was 10.4% and 35.1% higher than the broadcast seeding method, respectively. Yield also showed 8.8% increase in pot seeding method as compare to broadcast seeding method. Higher grain yield was obtained when 56 hills/
Broadcast seeding method;Different seedling raising methods;Eco-friendly agriculture;Pot seeding method;Rice
- Back, N.H., Choi, W.Y., Ko, J.C., Nam, J.K., Park, H.K. Jeong, J.I., Kim, S.S., Park. K.G., 2005. Proper nitrogen fertilizer level for improving the rice quality at reclaimed saline land in the southwestern area, Korean J. Crop Sci. 50, 46-50.
- Choi, H.C., 2002. Current status and perspectives in varietal improvement of rice cultivars for high-quality and value-added products, Korean J. Crop Sci. 47, 15-32.
- Hinzman, L.D., Bauer, M.E., Daughtry, C.S., 1986. Effects of nitrogen fertilization on growth and reflectance characteristics of winter wheat. Remote Sensing of Environment 19, 47-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/0034-4257(86)90040-4
- Hong, K.S., Kim, T.J., Lee, J.J., Kwon, Y.W., 2001. Current status and research direction of weed science in Korea; Ecology of perennial weed species in rice paddy field in Korea, Korean J. Weed. Sci. 21, 110-121.
- Ishima, T., Taira, H., Taira, H., Mikoshiba, K., 1974. Effects of nitrogenous fertilizer and protein content in milled rice on organoleptic quality of cooked rice. Rep. Nat. Food Res. Inst. 29, 9-15.
- Kang, B.Y., Kim, S.G., Kwon, O.D., 2008. The study of disease control in organic rice culture, Jeonnam ARES Study 1, 159-175.
- Kang, Y.S., Lee, J.H., Kim, J.L, Lee, J.S., 1997. Influence of Silicate Application on Rice Grain Quality, Korean J. Crop Sci. 42, 800-804.
- Kim, J.K., Lee, M.H., Oh, Y.J., 1993. Lodging pattern of rice plant in broadcast-seeded and hand transplanted cultivation. Korean J. Crop Sci. 38, 219-227.
- Kim, S.S., Lee, J.H., Nam, J.K., Choi, W.Y., Back, N.H., Park, H.K., Choi, M.K., 2005. Proper harvesting time considering the quality of rice in honam plain area, Korean J. Crop Sci. 50, 164-165.
- Kwon, O.D., An, G.N., Park, H.G., 2008. Selection of cultivar and development of cultivation methods in organic rice culture, Jeonnam ARES Study 1, 342-327.
- Lee, D.O., Kwon, H.O., Park, K.H., 1989. Influence of nitrogen and silicate on yield and lodging related traits of paddy rice, Korean J. Crop Sci. 34, 57-60.
- Lim, J.T., Kwon, B.S., Jung, B.G., 1991. Relationship between lodging-related characteristics and field lodging in rice, Korean J. Crop Sci. 36, 319-323.
- Lim, J.T., Lee, H.J., Cho, K.S., Song, D.S., 1992. Analysis of lodging related characteristics in rice plants, Korean J. Crop Sci. 37, 78-85.
- Na, G.S., Lee, S.K., Kim, S.Y., 2007. Antioxidative effects and quality characteristics of the rice cultivated by organic farming and ordinary farming, J. Korean Soc. Agric. Chem. Biotechnol. 50, 36-41.
- Nam, J.K., Kim, S.S., Lee, J.H., Choi, W.Y., Back, N.H., Park, H,K., Choi, M.G., Kwon, T.H., 2005. Proper nitrogen application level for improving the rice quality in honam plain area, Korean J. Crop Sci. 50, 56-61.
- Schnier, H.F., Dingkuhn, M., De Datta, S.K., Mengel, K., Faronilo, J.E., 1990. Nitrogen fertilization of direct-seeded flooded vs. transplanted rice : I. Nitrogen uptake, photo-systhesis, growth, and yield. Crop Sci. 30, 1276-1284. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1990.0011183X003000060024x
- Won, J.G., Ahn, D.J., Kim, S.J., Choi, C.D., Lee, S.C., 2008. Improving grain quality by controlling top dressing of nitrogen application ratio, Korean J. Crop Sci. 53, 47-52.
- Economic Analysis of Rice Transplanting Method using Pot Raised Seedling for Environment-friendly Agriculture vol.57, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2012.57.4.456
- Study on the Optimum Planting Density of Pot Seedling for Mid-Late Maturing Rice Variety in Wheat-Rice Double Cropping System in Honam Plain Area vol.60, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2015.60.3.257
Grant : Cooperative Research Program for Agricultural Science & Technology Development
Supported by : Rural Development Administration